Corsair Community

MP510 dying

Hey there

Has anyone else has an issue with an MP510 240GB dying?

The drive is just over a year old and is in my son's build. His PC started freezing a little while back and occasionally would go straight into BIOS instead of restarting.

I found that the MP510 dissapears in BIOS and sometimes takes a while to come back.

I found hundreds of 'drive has bad block' errors in Event Viewer which Chkdsk /F seemed to fix for a few hours.

I've since ran the device self check in BIOS and the drive fails with the attached message.

I've got a ticket open with Corsair so we'll see how it goes.

What I did notice while troubleshooting, when reseating the drive, the top right section on the black product sticker had shrunk around the component underneath and there was a little 'tape sweat' like you get on electricians tape when what it's wrapped around gets hot.

Thanks

Paul D

SmartSelect_20210715-084143_Gallery.jpg.8c87883a4af9acd341e1c2cdd4e36070.jpg

Edited by pdixon0
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

So, nearly 2 weeks since raising an RMA for the faulty drive and still no response from Corsair.

I have my confirmation email with my RMA order number but that number does not work when I try it in the tracker. The email came to my mailbox so I know my email address is correct!!

I've replied a number of times to the email and get a further response from ZenDesk so my ticket must exist?

Not impressed so far. I've since purchased a WD drive to replace this failed one so at least my son can play on his PC...

I don't think I'll be buying or recommending Corsair products in future if support can't even be bothered to respond to an RMA request for a device that supposedly has a 5 year warranty but fails after just 1 year...

Hi

I can confirm a response and accepted RMA yesterday - I also appreciate the free DHL return, thank you.