Corsair Community

Carbide SPEC-Delta RGB - problem with RGB fans

Hi I have recently bought

Corsair CC-9011166-WW Carbide SPEC-Delta RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX PC Gaming Case - Black. The text spec at amazon does not make clear that for the RGB fans to run and light up it requires an RGB motherboard, which i dont have ( requirements for fans to run should be clearer)

I tried to solve problem with a Corsair Commander PRo. Alsas the fans now run but still no RGB lights . I think the dable connection is incompatible.

I was told that there was no solution for the installed fans. That the only solution would be to replace them with "Corsair CO-9050104-WW iCUE QL120 RGB, 120 mm RGB LED PWM Fans (102 Individually Addressable RGB LEDs, Speeds Up to 1,500 RPM, Low-Noise) Triple Pack with iCUE Lighting Node CORE Included - White". I note that this includes the Lighting Node Core which i cannot find anywhere as an individual component.

At this point i am not sure i have confidence in my advisor and i wonder if you can help me understand

1. Can the current fans , installed in my case work spin and light up with the addition of any other hub or controller. Maybe it's just the Lighting node core for lights to attached to the commander pro and then on with sata to psu?

OR

2. Is there something i am missing or doing wrong and it either can work without anything additional or with another part

OR FINALLY

3. is it correct that i must buy the white fans i lit above and replace the fans in my case to get the RGB lights working and why would that be? Do the fans have a different connector, or do the fans simply need the included lighting node Core.

thanks

Pic of case i bought

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07KGSJRC3/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

• Corsair Employee

The fans that comes with the SPEC-Delta RGB was made to be controlled by the RGB-port on motherboards. They does not work with any of our Controllers.

If you buy a 3-pack of QL fans you will get everything needed to control the RGB of those fans.

Actually, if you buy a multipack of any of the fans (LL, ML, SP-PRO, SP-Elite, QL) you'll have everything you need. If you get the multipack of HD fans, it won't come with a Lighting Node Pro or Lighting Node Core but it will have a fan hub that you can connect to the Commander Pro.

So ... you don't have to get the QL's (which are the most expensive). You can get any other multipack and be in good shape.