Corsair Community

Ok I've been using iCUE for years at this point to control my k70 lux, m65 pro, hx750i, lighting node pro, strips, fans, hub, and asus mb. Obviously I'm all in like so many others and much of it because the products are great but also because competing RGB s/w is total garbage. On top of that everyone tries as hard as possible to lock you into their ecosystem and you have to get super hacky just to get different brands to work together. I understand why but it's still a sucky situation. I just want to know why we can't get some little QOL improvements like the ability to natively import more than one profile/folder at a time, active/inactive hours, and persistent profile importing selections. Most if not all iCUE profiles come with lighting effects, assignments, eq, dpi, HID, cooling, and alert profiles. Sometimes I want some of the other things but mostly when I'm (and I assume others) importing a profile I just want the lighting effects so why EVERY TIME do I have to deselect 6 boxes instead of it just remembering the preference from last time? Sometimes you may want more so just select it and the next time if you don't deselect it again. This on top of single profile/folder importing is just so tedious and unnecessary and makes a fresh install (as opposed to restoring a backup) ridiculously over-involved. Why can't iCue turn the lights off at night and back on in the morning? For years I've thought "oh they'll get around to it" they're such common sense features that I can't be the only person to think about/ask for it. We have had several MAJOR design overhauls but can't get these simple things built into the app. There are 3rd party apps to do some of it but why not natively in the app?! I don't mean any of this in any derogatory way and i appreciate the development that has gone into it but I would just like iCUE usage to not be so tedious. I also know many people's gut response will be "dude, it's free software, give em a break" but that's not really true is it? It's a piece of SEVERAL VERY EXPENSIVE products that some have put as much or more money AND time into than the rest of their rigs. Just because it's the best doesn't mean there isn't room for improvements. Anyhow, thanks to any and all who read/consider this.

• 1 month later...
So I see that profile import settings are persistent now, yay progress! I'd still like to see native mass importing and a schedule implemented. If not a full schedule then just a profile wide brightness adjuster so that at night you could tone it down (or off) with the flip of one switch but still keep the profiles effects loaded. Anyways I'm glad to see some progress, though am under no delusion that it was spurred on by me.

So I see that profile import settings are persistent now, yay progress! I'd still like to see native mass importing and a schedule implemented. If not a full schedule then just a profile wide brightness adjuster so that at night you could tone it down (or off) with the flip of one switch but still keep the profiles effects loaded. Anyways I'm glad to see some progress, though am under no delusion that it was spurred on by me.

Yes. Simple things like reduce all brightness together, or ability to turn lights on or off on individual devices. Schedule would be great.

The OP should have both now. Starting with 4.12, the import function defaults to lighting effects only. The other option boxes must be checked if desired.

If you are looking for a quick night time black out or dimmer, the easiest thing to do is use the Scenes in CUE 4. These function as a lighting top layer override and can be clicked on/off from the main device overview. I always keep one set to black 0,0,0 for when I want every thing off. This is not profile related, but layers over the top of everything. Would be nice to get a quick option select from the task bar carrot, maybe instead of 'check for updates".