Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR RMx Series™ 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supplies

• Corsair Employee
RMxcover.thumb.png.abdaff79ec5c28fb14b9a7a0f08626a5.png

Hey everyone,

We've got a refresh for our popular RMx power supplies! This is our first power supply featuring a Magnetic Levitation fan! Here’s a few quick highlights:

• Full modularity, so you only need to connect the cables your system needs for a tidy and organized build.
  • 135mm Magnetic Levitation fan to provide superior cooling and reliability at a low noise level.
  • Resonant LLC topology with DC-to-DC conversion for clean, consistent power, and additional energy efficiency whilst in sleeping state.

Click here for more information. We’ve put together a quick FAQ below.

Q: What's different from the previous RMx?

A: The 2021 RMx features improved cooling with lower noise levels thanks to its Magnetic Levitation fan, and also sports an updated design.

Q: Is there a zero RPM fan mode?

A: Yep! Just like the previous RMx, the cooling fan will switch off entirely when used at low/medium loads.

Q: What sleeved cables are compatible?

A: Our Type 4 Gen 4 sleeved cables here are compatible.

Let us know if you guys have any questions or thoughts!

• 4 weeks later...

How can I identify if someone sells the latest RM850x or an older one?

Is there also a new RM750x how can it be identified before purchase?

What is the difference between a RM850x and a RM850i, I could not find a clear comparision of these 2 models

• Corsair Employee
How can I identify if someone sells the latest RM850x or an older one?

Is there also a new RM750x how can it be identified before purchase?

What is the difference between a RM850x and a RM850i, I could not find a clear comparision of these 2 models

The newer RMx PSUs feature a new design - see the fan vents. You can also check by SKU - if you visit the product page for the new RMx PSUs, the SKU is on the right side above the product title. Switch to the wattage you're looking for and the SKU will change. RMi PSUs feature iCUE monitoring, while RMx do not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
only the 24 pin cable changes between type 3 and 4.

PCIE, CPU, SATA, MOLEX.. all other cables are identical between type 3 and 4. You can use one or the other.

24 pin is only type 4

all others are 3 or 4? thanks

yep, only the 24 pin differs between the two types.

That's good to know if you ever want to get corsair sleeved cables. More choice

Definitely getting them, just needed to know exact compatibility before purchasing.

only the 24 pin cable changes between type 3 and 4.

PCIE, CPU, SATA, MOLEX.. all other cables are identical between type 3 and 4. You can use one or the other.

hate to beat a dead horse, but when I go to order the pro cable kit type 4 gen 4 for the rm1000x unit, it clearly stated in the compatibility chart that the 24 pin is type 4, pcie, 8pin cpu are type 3 and type 4, BUT SATA/perf are type 3. So no reason to get the full sleeved cable kit if the whole thing is type 4 and cant use the sata perf cables?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Edited by nezff

the compatibility chart also doesn't list any type 4 PATA/SATA cables.. i guess they just didn't bother making duplicates.

if the kit contains sata cables, they will work.

I can always use the stock sata cables. Those dont have to look pretty, nobody sees them.