Corsair Community

New ICUE 4 Questions

Titan777

Hello,

Do I need to reinstall all my profiles and macros to the new ICUE v4 or will it recognize what I already have on the ICUE v3?

Or is there a way to import everything without too much trouble?

Otherwise I might pass on using it, as it will be quite a hassle to re-do everything.

Thanks!

It should import the v3 profiles and settings automatically. However, this is obviously a change point so I suggest you both export important profiles in normal save format and you also can make a copy of the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder and paste it to the desktop. If things go wrong or you are not ready for CUE 4 yet, you can uninstall, put CUE 3 back on, then drop that App data folder back into place. When you launch CUE 3 you will be back at your last known state.

It should import the v3 profiles and settings automatically. However, this is obviously a change point so I suggest you both export important profiles in normal save format and you also can make a copy of the App Data/Roaming/Corsair folder and paste it to the desktop. If things go wrong or you are not ready for CUE 4 yet, you can uninstall, put CUE 3 back on, then drop that App data folder back into place. When you launch CUE 3 you will be back at your last known state.

Thanks for the reply.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the CUE 4 over the CUE 3?

That is probably better addressed by looking at the CUE 4 post in the sticky section or the Corsair main website blog post. Most of the changes are UI based and your daily interaction with the software. There are certainly under the hood kinds of changes as well, but I don't want to try to make a list here. This is not a complete redo of the program, so the basic rules and limitations still apply. It's also not like the prior merger of CUE 2 + Link where there might be a tactical advantage for someone with just a PSU + AIO to stay with Link and the smaller program.

You might want to check the non-compatible device list beforehand, but otherwise this is where things are going.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=204855

̶Y̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶v̶3̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶v̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶4̶.̶9̶.̶x̶x̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶t̶i̶b̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶v̶3̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶v̶3̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶.̶ Edited by c-attack

• Corsair Employee
Mine just constantly crashes on start up so I've gone back to version 3.

Im sorry to hear that. Could you share what hardware setup you have and which iCUE compatible products you have? That would make it easier to find a solution for you.

• Corsair Employee
Yes, it replace v3 with v4 and also convert all the profiles to version 4.9.xx format. However, just like before things are not backwards compatible, so if you don't make v3 export saves of your stuff before hand, you will not be able to go back to v3 with the converted ones.

C-attack, we actually do backup iCUE 3 profiles. Going back to 3.38 will work without having to export the profiles when you migrate from 3 -> 4.

CUE 4 creates a new folder in the app data/roaming location called CUE backup that keeps copies of prior install version profiles. If everything works correctly, all you have to do is uninstall the current and reinstall the former.

However, that kind of mechanism isn't going to survive an OS reinstall, deleting the App folder, or other similar things commonly offered as a means of troubleshooting. Everyone can do their own risk assessment, but an every three year version change is a very clear time to make exports of all your profiles before jumping to CUE 4.