Corsair Community

iCue freezes on Lenovo Legion 7i

jspreiss

Hey folks, brand new to the forum and also brand new to Corsair software. I just bought a brand new Lenovo Legion 7i that came with Corsair iCue installed to run the RGB lighting on the laptop. I am not running any other peripherals, no mouse, external keyboards etc.

When I open the iCue software it seems to be working fine. I can click the tabs at the top and get to dashboard, instant lighting etc.

On the home tab I see the laptop as a device and when I click on it I get the keyboard layout and I can select lighting effects just fine. The problem comes when I try to do anything with Profiles. If I click the add profile button, or even just click the “Default” profile tile, iCue locks up immediately. It just goes to “iCue not responding” and never recovers. I have to kill it with Task Manager, restart the Corsair.service, and then I can open the program again. As such, I can not actually save any lighting profiles.

I have installed the latest updated version of iCue with no change to behavior. Tried running it in compatibility mode, and tried deleting profiles from the plugins folder. Nothing has fixed this crashing problem. Any insights would be appreciated.

Yup, already tried that. I’ve also tried running in compatibility modes, disabled the services for Corsair things that I don’t use (headsets, external peripherals,etc.). I tried deleting plugins folders but then when I start iCue it doesn’t recognize my device, that is, the Laptop itself, so I can’t configure anything. I did manage to do a bit of a workaround by deleting the plug-in folder called “OriginPc”. By doing that I can start iCue, open a profiles tab and add a new profile without it freezing (sometimes), then I can select the new profile which has nothing defined in it. Then, without closing iCue, if I copy the plug-in folder back, disable and re-enable plugins on the settings tab in iCue, my Laptop shows up as a device. I can then select that, and edit the lighting settings within that profile but as soon as I click the profile tile or the + to add another profile it will lock up again.