Corsair Community

iCUE v3.34.170 Patch Notes

Corsair James

Hi Guys, just updated to latest and it Kills the ability to adjust the fans in commander pro ( They disappear:confused:) then appear for a split second then disappear again i rolled back to last version and its fine.

Really is frustrating to dump thousands of dollars into a Corsair setup and then a "fix" for a problem that's been plaguing tons of users introduces an issue that basically destroys your whole ****ing setup.

I'm literally at my ropes end with Corsair and their **** hardware/software, and clearly Customer Service.

Should have learned my lesson with my 4 RMA'd Glaives with my last RMA being a refurb that basically broke again but "too bad Railven, you're out of warranty, suck it."

**** this garbage, this company, and this ecosystem.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else having Blue Screens? I think there is an issue with UPlay and iCUE, when launching any Uplay game for the first time I would get blue screens of death with error code Kernal_Security_Check_Failure. after multiple reboots i decided to start unplugging USB devices before launching, the first one i unplugged was the headset, launched the game and it worked no problem at all. Plugged the headset back in and it seems to be fine now. Just reporting it because that shouldn't be happening.

Headset - Virtuoso RGB

Windows 10 fully updated

iCUE 3.34.170

Driver 0.17.149

Was playing a game, iCUE began using 100% CPU usage. The system froze and applications like OBS, Watch Dogs Legion, Discord and NVIDIA Broadcast crashed due to iCUE hogging resources. Contemplating uninstalling and moving far away from any corsair product. I've seen some bad patches before but this was by far the worst I've ever dealt with.

Specs:

RTX 3080 FE

i9-9900k

Z390-F

G2 EVGA 750w PSU

ROG Strix LC 360

corsair fans, corsair keyboard

Edited by OD RESET

After installing this version, icue now force closes itself every time I lock and unlock my computer. I then have to manually run it again. There is also now a (1) beside my commander pro, whatever thats all about, who knows. The previous version was rock solid for me so gonna go back to that until you iron out the bugs in this one.

This newest version is giving me issues with my Vengeance RGB kit. Either picking a random color for all 4 sticks that I can change back.. or a random color with a Red ! that wont allow me to change until reboot. Haven't had an issue with this with the last several revisions.

My Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit and 6 QL120 fans all still work fine.

So..... i have to say i am pleasantly surprised by the lack of issues i am currently having. Cpu usage is where it should be instead of randomly taking up 2-6% of all cpu load for no reason. This is the only issue i have so far encountered after using the update is my Void pro wireless headset requires me to turn it on and off then on again as icue doesn't pick it up first time round. i have ran the repair option which made zero difference and everything is up to date driver wise elsewhere. The headset being detected in windows just not in icue itself and thus doesn't offer the 5.1 sound instead 2.1 until i turn it off n on again. Minor issue but an issue non the less.

The last version i had installed was 3.24.52 which was my go to revision after the numerous issues since then but so far it's going ok and i hope it stays that way.

We shall see

Edit: - Not sure if this is the reason why things are working correctly compared to others in this thread but i have "enable plugins" turned off in icue's settings and my RAM etc are all acting fine. It is prob unrelated but it's worth a shot

- Vex

Edited by vexed
Added section labeled "edit"

My Vengeance Pro RGB RAM and h150i Pro water cooler are not detected by ICUE since the last update and I tried everything to get them back up. Even reinstalled ICUE but that didn't work. Sadly after I reinstalled it I noticed that fan curves are not exported when profiles are exported which means I have to reset all of my fan curves which is quite frustrating. Why even include the export profile function if it does not include this rudimental feature??

iCUE v3.34.170 will strangely duplicate action entries in my actions list whenever I:

* switch profiles while using iCue

* bring iCUE to foreground

* quit and restart iCUE

* reboot my machine (same thing, I guess)

* duplicate an extant profile that I am using as a template.

It did not do this before v3.34.170.

My other lists seem all right, and the libraries are not affected, but this makes iCUE near unusable for me.

also have the issue where "while pressed" for profile switching doesn't work.

Having issue since the upgrade. I had a marco assigned to a key that when pressed it switched profile while holding the key down and when letting the go it switched back to its original. In this build the Profile Switching Setting "While Pressed" no longer works.

Temporary profile switching with "While Pressed" still doesn't work :mad:

iCUE switches to the selected profile on key press, but does NOT switch back to the original profile after releasing the key.

I too am experiencing this issue. Do we have any acknowledgement yet that Corsair will be fixing this? If not, I'm going to consider rolling back as well.

Well.... I've come across an issue with the Void pro headset. when i mute the mic on the headset via the button or lift the mic up the headset turns mic feedback off when muting the mic, then turning the mic on it turns mic feedback on at least from voice prompts but i do not hear any feedback when on or off. Seems it could be related to the wrong voice prompt being used or something else

- Vex

No ARGB control for new asus gpu rtx 3000 . Fix this pls.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but think about what you're trying to do. Close your eyes and imagine for a moment that it's impossible. Then open your eyes and realize that it's actually impossible.

Your best bet would be Armoury Crate or Aura if you were able to change the argb on your Asus GPU, not iCUE.

i have a problem with "h100i platinum se" many latest corsair versions.

the problem is,

The fans performance profile is quiet almost 350 rpm.

whe i turn off the icue app, the profiles gone and fans goes to 800+rpm and more until re open icue app.

when you will fix it?

Just updated to latest version - now all my fans keep appearing/disappearing and all fan speeds are either wrong or do not show up at all.

The fact that there is STILL no rollback procedure other than uninstall for this slow motion car crash s***show is indicative of just how little Corsair care for this community.

Hi guys, trying to figure out if I should purchase the Commander PRO. I have no interest in RGB control of any kind, just want to control 6 PWM fans individually.

To my understanding it is not possible to do so while not having a cpu hog app (icue) running in the background.

Is this correct? This would be a deal breaker for me.

Hi guys, trying to figure out if I should purchase the Commander PRO. I have no interest in RGB control of any kind, just want to control 6 PWM fans individually.

To my understanding it is not possible to do so while not having a cpu hog app (icue) running in the background.

Is this correct? This would be a deal breaker for me.

you can buy any pwm fan hub with sata power. the pwm 4 pin cable connects to a single pwn fan header on your mobo that sends a signal to your fan hub and tells the fans connected to it what speeds to run based on what is set in the bios.

anyone know why this happened and how to change back?

happened after this update with fw updates...

iCue.jpg

iCUE v3.34.170

H150i Pro v1.0.4

Vengeance RGB Pro v1.02.64

Have the same issue (though for me its showing (3) for the H115i.

Anyone knows how to get the number deleted...?

• Corsair Employee
I too am experiencing this issue. Do we have any acknowledgement yet that Corsair will be fixing this? If not, I'm going to consider rolling back as well.

We're working to resolve this in an upcoming update which should be available shortly. I don't have a specific date, but it could be as early as next week. Again, not a firm date, but it is coming.

Have the same issue (though for me its showing (3) for the H115i.

Anyone knows how to get the number deleted...?

You can fix the "(3)" or "(n)" suffix by doing the following...

Within ICUE:

• In the top menu, click "SETTINGS",
  • On the right side of the window title "DEVICE SETTINGS", click the hamburger icon once (it looks like three horizontal stacked lines),
  • The device icons will change to plain text, now double-click on the "H115i (3)" text to rename it,
  • Delete extra text and press Enter,
  • Finally Click the "4 squares" icon to return the devices to icon view.

You can fix the "(3)" or "(n)" suffix by doing the following...

Within ICUE:

• In the top menu, click "SETTINGS",
  • On the right side of the window title "DEVICE SETTINGS", click the hamburger icon once (it looks like three horizontal stacked lines),
  • The device icons will change to plain text, now double-click on the "H115i (3)" text to rename it,
  • Delete extra text and press Enter,
  • Finally Click the "4 squares" icon to return the devices to icon view.

This doesnt work. I can delete the extra (3) stuff but when I press enter the (3) returns... :(

• Corsair Employee
Just updated to latest version - now all my fans keep appearing/disappearing and all fan speeds are either wrong or do not show up at all.

The fact that there is STILL no rollback procedure other than uninstall for this slow motion car crash s***show is indicative of just how little Corsair care for this community.

Are you on the latest version 3.35.152?