Corsair Community

Rebinds lose status when any other keystroke occurs

Not__Nugget

To be specific, I am playing a game where the 7 key on my Corsair Scimitar (2018) acts as my push-to-talk, and it works while held until any keystroke occurs on my K95 (2018) occurs, where the held status of the mouse button is lost. I cant find any solution on the internet and I need to get this rectified as it is a little bit imperative that this button stays held while other keystrokes occur.

I dont have any special settings set, and my mouse and keyboard are at the latest firmware version, as is the program itself.

Any suggestions welcome!

I have also encountered this strange bug and it seems nothing I've done has work. I have tried to reinstall the icue software, reset profiles for both the keyboard and mouse, reinstalled the drivers for both, switched the usb ports my devices are plugged into and nothing has work as of yet.

For me the 6 key is held and it's remapped to be the forward mouse button. Any time the button is held and any more than two keystrokes are registered on my k95 the button just acts like I've let go of the key. Gets quite frustrating since this is one key I use on an almost daily basis.

Any help would be much appreciated if anyone stumbles upon this thread with an answer.

Edited by Erk

To be specific, I am playing a game where the 7 key on my Corsair Scimitar (2018) acts as my push-to-talk, and it works while held until any keystroke occurs on my K95 (2018) occurs, where the held status of the mouse button is lost. I cant find any solution on the internet and I need to get this rectified as it is a little bit imperative that this button stays held while other keystrokes occur.

I dont have any special settings set, and my mouse and keyboard are at the latest firmware version, as is the program itself.

Any suggestions welcome!

Is this a long term bug, I just got 4x Scimitar RGB Elite mice for all of our family, and this is a deal breaker as I cannot use push to talk. Should I just return them?

Good news, folks! I reached out to support with this issue and I got a response with a solution that worked for me! I will paste the steps here verbatim and include a link they provided me with an older version of iCUE!

Open your computer's Control Panel.

Open the Programs and Features options.

Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

Type %appdata% and press Enter.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.

Restart your computer.

Download a new installer file for iCUE from HERE and install it.

This version of iCUE is working wondrously so far, and is free from lots of bugs the latest build/release version featured. I hope this works for all of you folks, as this issue made it remarkably annoying to talk in-game when I had to remain stationary and couldn't make a single keystroke!

The 'action interrupt' is a bug in version 3.33 and is universal to all users. There are dozens of threads from the last month regarding this. You need to either wait it out for 3.34 which should be coming this week, or roll back to version 3.32. If you decide to roll back, profiles and settings are not backward compatible. You must set up CUE like it's a brand new install, importing profiles, configuring the dashboard, etc.

However, it should not be necessary to follow the instructions above and those should not have been given for this problem. Those are the directions for a program that won't uninstall. There is no reason to be messing around in the registry unless you have to.

1) Go to the Windows Settings -> Apps and click Corsair iCUE. Select uninstall.

2) When prompted, there will be a check box to "delete user settings". Make sure you check this or you will have to delete the App Data folder manually.

3) You will get the completion notification and can then install version 3.32 linked below. There is no need to go through the Program Files or App Data folder and you shouldn't be doing that unless you know what you are deleting.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi