Corsair Community

Iron Claw Double Click

Aeroliten

I'm sure some of you have experienced this lately but I recently got an RMA replacement mouse to fix the double clicking problem. It's been ruining my ability to do basic functions since almost every other click is a double click.

Has anyone found a fix for this because it's 100% a problem with iCUE software or drivers.

I don't have a second mouse plugged in or any other dongles. My mouse does however have a string of "(1)" next to the name in iCUE (Ex: IronClaw (1)(1)(1)(1)(1), almost like it's running multiple mice at once). Reinstalling CUE and all settings doesn't work either.

I am willing to try resetting the registry for Corsair software but just need some guidance on how to do that.

• 6 months later...

In my experience and research, the "double clicking" is not an issue with iCue, but is a hardware issue in the mouse (specifically the Omron switch).

I wound up doing the repair myself, and its been holding up thus far. To me, it was the better option than getting an RMA and hoping I wasn't inheriting some other issue.

Theoretically they could 'address' it with a firmware update, but I honestly don't know how many ms are between the clicks (if it would be easy to detect as a hardware fault rather than intentional). They could attempt to detect when it's bouncing and ignore the second click. However, there is risk there that it could inadvertently block legitimate double clicks from registering in some cases.

When I took mine apart to fix it, I found the piece that I needed to reform is incredibly thin and flimsy. I don't doubt that simply dropping the mouse (or it 'surviving' shipping) could directly contribute to the failure.

---

Aside from that, I also found that the mouse naming "(1) (1) (1)" is just a software issue in iCue. It's not that it's running multiple mice at once, it just periodically detects it as a new mouse and appends a (1) to it instead of overwriting the existing name. You'd think it'd move to (2), (3), etc..

Regardless, you can clean it up, and it's an oddly unintuitive process to do so. By default at the top area of the iCue window, you'll see "Devices" and it will show an image for each (keyboard, mouse, etc..). To the right-most end of the bar the word "Devices" is in, you'll see an icon that looks like three lines. Click this, and instead of showing the devices by icon, it will list them by name instead. Find the mouse you need to rename, and double click the name. Now you can edit the name of the mouse. After you make the change, you can click the icon of 4 boxes where the 3 lines used to be, and it will go back to the default view of showing them by icon.

Thank you for the help. I do not have the name issue. I will try to clean it up. I did not take it apart for now so as to not void my warranty. side note I don't have 3 lines to the right of the Device bar.

How easy is it to take apart? I don't see any screws and I don't want to just pull it.

Thank you for the help. I do not have the name issue. I will try to clean it up. I did not take it apart for now so as to not void my warranty. side note I don't have 3 lines to the right of the Device bar.

How easy is it to take apart? I don't see any screws and I don't want to just pull it.

I attached a photo of iCue to show the "Devices" area and circled the icon with the three lines. If you're not seeing it, you may be on an older version.

For taking apart the IronClaw, it really depends on your experience level. If you're not used to taking things apart, I would not attempt it. There's a mix of glue, screws, and clips that you have to deal with. There's also wire harnesses that you have to disconnect.

I personally have the IronClaw wireless, and used this guide:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

This gets you most of the way if you have the wireless, and then it's not too difficult to figure out how to take the bottom board off. The other note is I didn't fully remove the sliders on the bottom to get to those two screws, I just peeled them back slightly just enough to access the screws. If I have to do the repair multiple times, I'm considering using a hobby or utility knife to cut away that small section of each of those pads.

There's an image guide for the wired version, but it doesn't have clear instructions:

https://imgur.com/gallery/xtCosif

Lastly, I used this video for how to fix the Omron switch:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Just be aware apparently there are two different kinds of Omron switch. Mine happened to match the one in the video and the repair process was the same.

I would rate the repair more on the difficult side, since getting that foil piece you need to rebend back in seated correctly is not easy. It took me a few attempts. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, or what I did differently when it worked, it just sat correctly on the third or forth attempt.

I would say you should have a back up plan, so if you're not comfortable with soldering and the possibility of having to replace the entire switch if you can't get it back together, I would not attempt it.

If you're at the point that you're considering buying a new mouse altogether, again, it can't hurt.

However, if you're not confident then you may want to just consider in RMA if you're within warranty. I've just noticed a few threads where people get the RMA device back and it has the same issue, or the mouse wheel breaks shortly after. I'd take that info with a grain of salt, because I'm sure the users that get a successful RMA aren't going to be quick to post about it. Negative feedback tends to be more prevalent.

1468700040_CorsairDevices.thumb.PNG.2ca0c7852b069818909d46e3fd0d272d.PNG

I attached a photo of iCue to show the "Devices" area and circled the icon with the three lines. If you're not seeing it, you may be on an older version.

For taking apart the IronClaw, it really depends on your experience level. If you're not used to taking things apart, I would not attempt it. There's a mix of glue, screws, and clips that you have to deal with. There's also wire harnesses that you have to disconnect.

I personally have the IronClaw wireless, and used this guide:

This gets you most of the way if you have the wireless, and then it's not too difficult to figure out how to take the bottom board off. The other note is I didn't fully remove the sliders on the bottom to get to those two screws, I just peeled them back slightly just enough to access the screws. If I have to do the repair multiple times, I'm considering using a hobby or utility knife to cut away that small section of each of those pads.

There's an image guide for the wired version, but it doesn't have clear instructions:

https://imgur.com/gallery/xtCosif

Lastly, I used this video for how to fix the Omron switch:

Just be aware apparently there are two different kinds of Omron switch. Mine happened to match the one in the video and the repair process was the same.

I would rate the repair more on the difficult side, since getting that foil piece you need to rebend back in seated correctly is not easy. It took me a few attempts. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, or what I did differently when it worked, it just sat correctly on the third or forth attempt.

I would say you should have a back up plan, so if you're not comfortable with soldering and the possibility of having to replace the entire switch if you can't get it back together, I would not attempt it.

If you're at the point that you're considering buying a new mouse altogether, again, it can't hurt.

However, if you're not confident then you may want to just consider in RMA if you're within warranty. I've just noticed a few threads where people get the RMA device back and it has the same issue, or the mouse wheel breaks shortly after. I'd take that info with a grain of salt, because I'm sure the users that get a successful RMA aren't going to be quick to post about it. Negative feedback tends to be more prevalent.

great. tkssss

laptop dell xps 15 giá rẻ hồ chí minh

laptop dell xps 15 9570 giá rẻ

laptop dell xps 15 7590 4k oled Hồ chí minh

laptop dell precision 5530 hồ chí minh