Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Hi I recently purchased this headset and have been experiencing occasional split-second audio drops when in wireless mode. USB mode doesn't even produce audio (though still appears to charge fine).

Are these known issues? If so, are there any workarounds or solutions?

• Corsair Employee
Can you confirm which version of iCUE you're running? Also for audio not working on USB mode, you'll need to make sure your Windows Default Playback Device is set to Virtuoso USB. Is this issue happening in all applications or specific ones?

• 3 weeks later...
For all my fellow nerds on AMD x570 and B550 boards, it sounds like it was an incompatibility with AGESA.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/amd-locates-root-cause-of-usb-issues-on-b550-x570-motherboards

ASUS just released new BIOS's containing the latest AGESA updates. This appears to have fixed the crackling issues. Turns out this might not have been Corsair's fault.

Check with your Mobo MFR for latest BIOS containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 microcode. This should address the audio crackling and disconnect issues.

I updated my ASUS BIOS about 90 minutes ago and I noticed an immediate and discernable difference. I am sitting here right now with my Corsair Virtuoso headset on wireless for the last 60 minutes with very light music on - normally I would have been enduring 50 minutes of intermittent crackling and white noise sounds along with my music. It's been nothing but pure sonic bliss. No crackling. No white noise. Just music.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is so nice!!!!

AGESA 1.2.0.2 microcode has nothing to do with this issue. I still have this white noise issue with any version of the ICUE. This is driver issue by the program. Not Software malfunction.

• Corsair Employee
AGESA 1.2.0.2 microcode has nothing to do with this issue. I still have this white noise issue with any version of the ICUE. This is driver issue by the program. Not Software malfunction.

Have you tried downloading the latest version of iCUE (v4.10.273)? Try downloading and installing it from the link below:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.10.273_release.msi

let us know if it improves the audio quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my self have problems with virtuoso se that i have here and 3 days first of all i did fix the equalizer the sound is amazing the problems that i have are 4

1) TOO loud that you can't use at 100% volume

2) when you use the wire it change default audio because it reads different headset

3) some times it just randomly restart like it shut down or dc for 4-5 sec and then its back on

4) some games the audio is changing randomly from high to low

the first problem i saw that you can download equalizer APO and its normal not too loud but u cant use corsair icue equalizer anymore so i removed it

i also did fresh install for icue and didn't help

• Corsair Employee
Hello my self have problems with virtuoso se that i have here and 3 days first of all i did fix the equalizer the sound is amazing the problems that i have are 4

1) TOO loud that you can't use at 100% volume

2) when you use the wire it change default audio because it reads different headset

3) some times it just randomly restart like it shut down or dc for 4-5 sec and then its back on

4) some games the audio is changing randomly from high to low

the first problem i saw that you can download equalizer APO and its normal not too loud but u cant use corsair icue equalizer anymore so i removed it

i also did fresh install for icue and didn't help

1) What's requiring you to use your headset at 100%?

2) Yes, Windows tend to set the default audio device to the newly connected device until told otherwise.

3) I would contact our support regarding random restarts, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com.

4) Is the EQ profile you're using identical or similar to the Bass preset in iCUE?

Edited by Technobeard
split post

Hi,

I have a issue with my Virtuoso SE since the firmware updated both headset to v5.2.68 and dongle to v5.4.99 ...

Pairing and audio work fine...But, before these updates, when I was switching on my Virtuoso in wireless (default audio), Windows device audio output toogles to this; and then, i was switching it off, audio was returning back to speakers automatically ...

Since these updates, this switching of audio output device on / off does not work ... I have to "manually" switch the audio output by clicking on the audio output list in taskbar. It's only work when I disconnect / reconnect the Virtuoso dongle

Could you help me ?

Edited by TeddyMix

i just got my pair of Virtuosos yesterday, when i listen to music all the other frequency are really high in volume and crisp. When the bass starts coming in it seems like the headset's volume just somehow drop and there's no meat to the bass. Is the software somehow holding it back?. Even in wired mode, bass sounds really low. Bass Boost EQ doesnt help.

From what I hear, when the bass starts coming in, it's like the headset is lacking "voltage" and just can't produce the proper volume for the bass.

I was listening to this music, if this helps (listen @ 9 minute mark):

Really evident once you start pumping up the volume

It's similar to having my Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless with the Volume Limiter on.

I have exactly the same issue. Seem that I have to claim it. Does anybody know if Corsair is aware of it?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I have a issue with my Virtuoso SE since the firmware updated both headset to v5.2.68 and dongle to v5.4.99 ...

Pairing and audio work fine...But, before these updates, when I was switching on my Virtuoso in wireless (default audio), Windows device audio output toogles to this; and then, i was switching it off, audio was returning back to speakers automatically ...

Since these updates, this switching of audio output device on / off does not work ... I have to "manually" switch the audio output by clicking on the audio output list in taskbar. It's only work when I disconnect / reconnect the Virtuoso dongle

Could you help me ?

It's not exactly an issue, but understandable that this behavior seems unusual since firmware 5.xx.

I'll check to see if anything is being done regarding this.

I have exactly the same issue. Seem that I have to claim it. Does anybody know if Corsair is aware of it?

What version of iCUE are you using? Are you using any EQ preset?

It's not exactly an issue, but understandable that this behavior seems unusual since firmware 5.xx.

I'll check to see if anything is being done regarding this.

What version of iCUE are you using? Are you using any EQ preset?

Hi Albert,

I have tried different versions (3.xx & 4.xx).seems It occurs on every Version.

I have selected different presets and also configured the EQ manually. doen't matter - the issue is still there

• Corsair Employee
Hi Albert,

I have tried different versions (3.xx & 4.xx).seems It occurs on every Version.

I have selected different presets and also configured the EQ manually. doen't matter - the issue is still there

Can you try doing a soft reset on your VIRTUOSO headset to see if it will address your issue?

To soft reset your headset:

1. Make sure your headset is currently unplugged.

2. Make sure your headset is powered on.

3. Hold the Mute button on the headset down for about 15 seconds.

4. Switch the headset off and then back on.

5. Test your headset and see if the issue is resolved.

If that does not work, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will look into this and help troubleshoot.

• 2 weeks later...

I own the headset for a few weeks now. Overall I like the headset but the following points are very annoying:

Software controlled muting; I just had the issue of the mute button not working. I had to reset the headset to make it work again. I had the hs60 before where you had a button that mutes yourself on the hardware level.

Volume wheel controlling OS sound; The headset should have its own volume control on hardware level.(just like the hs60) at the moment it controlls the Operating system's sound (and I got one of those where it makes the volume jump up and down)

An Idea I just had would be having the LED on the Mic change colors depending on volume level while changing it.

I just received my replacement headset today and the same issue just reemerged!

The issue is - I am trying to explain it as detailed as possible - after the passing of an indeterminable amount of time the incoming audio signal is distorted. It sounds similar to an old cell phone or cheap speakers. Usually turning the headset off to wired mode and back to wireless mode fixes the issue. Sometimes it happens very frequent, like twice in a minute, sometimes just once an hour.

It seems just to happen if the headset is in wireless mode. The likelihood of this event to occur seems to be higher while being in a game - in my case usually Apex Legends.

Not sure but it also feels like moving away from the receiver increases the likelihood.

Anyway, I want emphasize it doesn't seem to be a hardware flaw unless I had the extraordinary fortune to get delivered two headsets with the same flaw.

• Corsair Employee
I own the headset for a few weeks now. Overall I like the headset but the following points are very annoying:

Software controlled muting; I just had the issue of the mute button not working. I had to reset the headset to make it work again. I had the hs60 before where you had a button that mutes yourself on the hardware level.

Volume wheel controlling OS sound; The headset should have its own volume control on hardware level.(just like the hs60) at the moment it controlls the Operating system's sound (and I got one of those where it makes the volume jump up and down)

An Idea I just had would be having the LED on the Mic change colors depending on volume level while changing it.

Hey there, did you notice if the muting didn't work while you were in a specific program or was it happening just in general?

I just received my replacement headset today and the same issue just reemerged!

The issue is - I am trying to explain it as detailed as possible - after the passing of an indeterminable amount of time the incoming audio signal is distorted. It sounds similar to an old cell phone or cheap speakers. Usually turning the headset off to wired mode and back to wireless mode fixes the issue. Sometimes it happens very frequent, like twice in a minute, sometimes just once an hour.

It seems just to happen if the headset is in wireless mode. The likelihood of this event to occur seems to be higher while being in a game - in my case usually Apex Legends.

Not sure but it also feels like moving away from the receiver increases the likelihood.

Anyway, I want emphasize it doesn't seem to be a hardware flaw unless I had the extraordinary fortune to get delivered two headsets with the same flaw.

Hmm, have you tried moving the wireless receiver to a different USB port, possibly switching locations (front vs back) of your system? Wondering it's getting wireless interference or port power that could be causing audio/signal degradation over time.

The iCUE software allows the mic LED to be disabled when the mic is ACTIVE. I'd much prefer an option for the opposite, and it would be more intuitive.

Mic off = LED off. Mic on = LED on.

A simple software change to allow even better control would be:

> Set LED when mic is active: Red / Green / Off

> Set LED when mic is inactive. Red / Green / Off

The mic LED is probably not RGB, but if it is, then please allow the color to be set just like the earcup LED's for each mic condition. That way it could be matched to the other LED lighting if desired and turn a different color when mic is active.

The iCUE software allows the mic LED to be disabled when the mic is ACTIVE. I'd much prefer an option for the opposite, and it would be more intuitive.

The mic LED is probably not RGB, but if it is, then please allow the color to be set just like the earcup LED's for each mic condition. That way it could be matched to the other LED lighting if desired and turn a different color when mic is active.

Actually, the mic LED for the Virtuoso is RGB as we can see it cycling through rainbow colors when starting up.

I think they should program it in a way we can set up the colors like we want, such as the special keys on some of their keyboards or like the DPI led on some of their mice (M65 RGB)

Hey there, did you notice if the muting didn't work while you were in a specific program or was it happening just in general?

It just happened while talking on discord twice so far. I'm unsure how to provoke it. if I figure that out; ill post it here.

• Corsair Employee

Thank you for your feedback, Shoka.

Could anyone from Corsair just put the newest firmware available for download? I cannot update via iCUE.

You should be able to update/force firmware with iCUE 4.12.214.

it's been 3 months since i bought my virtuoso se from bestbuy and for the past week it hasn't taken a charge so i've been stuck using it wired

Please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support will take care of you.

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, GenomeSoldier said:

It fixed the issue on my AMD system. Perhaps you can try it and report back?

Also, you say it's "driver issue by the program. Not Software malfunction". There are many levels to audio hierarchy in Windows 10. The fact that some people have zero issues and some are plagued with issues tells me this is a deeper issue and not just at the headset/software/driver level. Have you noticed that most of the people reporting issues with Virtuoso are running AMD hardware? Coincidence? I think not.

AGESA is the framework upon which AMD systems, among many other functions, allocate CPU and Memory resources to USB-connected peripherals. Fixes implemented here impact how your system will function at its basest level. The fact that every major computer media outlet and blog picked up this news and reported on it should give some indication about how important and far-reaching this update is.

Educate yourself

Maybe think about what you're posting before actually posting? Maybe? 

• Like 1