Corsair Community

H115i Pro RGB

will_s

Nice unit but it the pump is noisy, usually you can ignore because it aint that bad but every now and then it goes to full speed and it sounds like a grinder. Like all your temps are nice and cool and you open a browser and straight away the pumps go up to 100% briefly before going back to quiet mode

Now I could just set the pump at a percentage so it doesnt do this but you would rather have the pumps ramp up when its gets hot........

would be good if you could do a manual ramp up instead like you do with the fans because the 3 profiles you have just suck

You can't do that with the pump. The pump settings on the H150i PRO are like the earlier pump settings except that you have 3 possible settings - Quiet, Balanced, and Performance.

Didn't know you couldn't alter the new pumps group.. good call corsair,, and man am I behind.. Hurry up Mr Postman!

Edit.. May bad.. I meant Fans and Groups...

I have not seen my pump move of its constant balanced ~2100 rpm speed either in any load situation. However, I can't get anywhere close to the 40C threshold at this time of year without unplugging fans.

Well ... I'm in Texas, which is (usually) somewhat warmer than where you are, and I have the same "issue". I max out under 35C. The only way I got it over 40C was by putting it in Zero RPM mode, the pump on Quiet and running RealBench for a while. And I've never seen the pump speeds alter, even when doing that. They stay steady.

I did notice, however, that the pump speed does make a difference. Quiet does run a touch warmer than performance or balanced.

If we saw this in one of the previous generation pumps, it'd be cause for concern. But I'm not sure if this is expected behavior or indicative of a problem with the Pro pumps. We just don't have enough data. And, considering that pump speed does make a noticeable difference in cooling, I can certainly see it as expected behavior.

Hopefully the Corsair folks can weigh in here.

OP: Can you give us a run down of your settings and temps when you see the pump speed change? Are you in Zero RPM mode? Is the pump set to Quiet? Do you have any other monitoring tools running? CAM? EVGA XOC? SIV?

its set on quiet and you can see the spike in the graph where it shoots up for a second or 2 before settling back down, basically it doubles in speed...but todaY i HAVENT NOTICED

other then this you dont hear anything

at the moment all my temps are pretty good as we are having a cooler week ( anything under 30C is cooler )

link.png

Its good having good airflow through the case...............5 fans in

One other person reported this as well, but we were not able to reproduce it. However, as Dev mentioned and I agree, if it is Summertime or just plain hot, you are costing yourself something by running quiet mode. The Balanced mode should be undetectable with a difference in idle coolant temp at the same fan speeds. I think the quiet mode is best reserved for cool conditions where you are doing nothing but word processing with a very quiet system and minimal fans. Even then, my general criticism of all zero fan modes is it becomes a lot more difficult to rein in the temperature if you let build without release, compared to running a minimal fan speed at all times. I switched my PSU for this reason alone and it is a 15C difference at all times.

at the moment we are going through a cool spell ( 19C to 29C ) and with good venilation and no overclocking temps are good

funny thing is now its been running for a few weeks that grinding noise I have not heard ...maybe its running in but now it looks very good and seems to be working

Also have a very good case ( Corsair Cube 740 ) and the airflow does a great job

btw: will be overclocking come autumn and winter

Archived