Corsair Community

H100i GTX - high temperatures and radiator hotspot.

Wigdog_Jones

Hi,

I have a H100iGTX cooling a lightly overclocked i7 4790k (4.6 gHz, no overvolting). Recently I've been noticing temperatures are increasingly high under normal usage - I've dusted out my computer with no real effect.

To contextualise 'high', if I run the Intel Extreme Tuning stress test we hit 90 degrees within 30 seconds, and intermittent thermal throttling within a couple of minutes. Coolant temperature will quickly hit about 48 degrees.

I'm using some expensive aftermarket noctua fans on the heatsink instead of the Corsair ones (ones designed for static pressure), and with them set to 100% and the pump set to high performance the temperatures are as described above.

Pump speed is particularly crucial - if I set the pump to performance things get a lot hotter a lot quicker.

I was going to swap back to stock fans as a last resort, but I've noticed that when I stress test the temperature of the radiator is massively uneven. It's fairly cool everwhere but the part of the grille near the pipe entry points, where it's very warm to the touch.

Even when the system is idling the temperature differential can still be felt. Is this indicative of some kind of blockage in the radiator? Is a support ticket in order?

Archived