Corsair Community

Media keys hitting other buttons

cure4itch

Hi,

I have been using my k70 for almost 3 years without any problem and recently media keys started pushing other buttons aswell. Stop button pushes J, Previous button pushes Q, Play/Pause button pushes G and Next button pushes P.

The problem annoys me only in games while listening music, especially pushing Play/Pause sends grenades in games which is really annoying.

Issue does not persist on text, when i use the media buttons it does not press J, Q, G or P.

Problem consist only on my pc, non existent on my laptop so it's safe to say it is a software issue.

I have non rgb k70 so i only have Corsair Link installed.

Thanks in advance.

If you are not using the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE)' date=' and you are are having a software issue, then perhaps you should contact the maker of your software?[/quote']

You're not helping here, my k70 is non-rgb so i don't need CUE and it's not installed, i only have Link for my psu.

You're not helping here, my k70 is non-rgb so i don't need CUE and it's not installed, i only have Link for my psu.

your initial message on this thread within the "Keyboards and Mice" hardware forum, you identified that you have A SOFTWARE ISSUE, but not with CUE, but with behavior of K70 Media keys.

Given that your problem depends on the software environment, my suggestion that you look into the software differences, between the working and non-working systems, and not contact Corsair if there is no difference in the Corsair software on your two machines... well, this might be frustrating, I understand, as this problem shows up using the Corsair hardware, but really, if it is a software issue not related to Corsair software/hardware, it does seem to me that you should look where the problem is, rather than where it is not.

Hi,

Problem consist only on my pc, non existent on my laptop so it's safe to say it is a software issue.

I have non rgb k70 so i only have Corsair Link installed.

Thanks in advance.

Like if I moved my Corsair keyboard between a Windows and Linux system, and complained that on the Linux system that the keyboard Windows key didn't bring up a "Start Menu"; well, you can tell it is the software environment and not Corsair.

Now if your situtation is not an exact analogy, please supply the additional information showing why you believe it to be a Corsair issue, and then I and others may be able to give you more helpful responses.

Archived