Corsair Community

Asus P4C800 Deluxe crash problems

nurbs_x

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Glyphrunner [/i] [B]Do you have intel application accelerator installed? If yes, that is probably the cause. I had it with a similar setup too a week ago. Try a format and a fresh install without this intel stuff. It helped for me... [/B][/QUOTE] Good point about the Intel App Accel but, DON'T leave off the Intel Chipset Inf Drivers. I would try 2 things to resolve the USB issue. 1. Completely uninstall and reinstall EVERYTHING to do with your USB controller and the USB devices. Also, go to the Asus site and get the latest drivers. By the way, have you tried different USB ports on your system and are you using the front case ports on your case. I have seen USB issues where the front ports are not fully USB 2.0 compliant even though they are advertised as such. If you are using your front ports, try the rear ones or vice versa. 2. Reinstall Windows either with or without the Intel App Accel. Try [URL=http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34558]THIS WINDOWS INSTALLATION GUIDE[/URL] It is well tested, VERY methodic, and has solved many issues, like probably 1000s of issues. Let us know, at least your system is stable other than the USB deal. Let us know if you fix the USB issue. Good luck, Mike

To update my BIOS, I used the Alt + F2 method for all versions. I read somewhere that method was the best way to do it. Do you think I should have done it differently? Thanks for the post to the XP setup guide. I was already planning on wiping my HD and re-installing this weekend. So, I will definitely use the guide to help with that.

There were boldly typed warnings on all the Asus/AMI bios' about specific instructions. The 1008 Final came out as an executable. But, if you flashed succesfully, I'd leave it alone. In the future though, read the little attached files because some people reported bad flashes and then went back and read the attachment. Good luck and let us know if you solve the USB issue. By the way, did you answer the part about the USB ports from my last post? I'm very curious. Mike.

In the BIOS, go to the Advanced Tab, then Chipset and use these settings: Configure DRAM Timings by SPD : Disabled DRAM Cas Latency : 2 DRAM Ras Precharge : 2 RAS to CAS : 3 DRAM Precharge : 6 Burst Lenght : 8 I can't give the exact explanation of the numbers, but I know that the lower the numbers the better the result will be. But on this motherboard 2-3-2-6 (2-2-3-6 in the BIOS) are the lowest possible.

What happened to nurbs_x? This is his thread. Did he ever solve his problem(s)? I want to buy an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe MB, but am waiting to see if he ever got things right. I figure that with all of the help he was getting, if he didn’t get it running, then I should be looking for some other board.

Anyone know if there is 1008 for The deluxe vercion of this board? I found it for the P4C800E Deluxe......... I am hoping that the falsh problem will resolve things.....i just got in 4 sticks of 512 CMX512-3200C2 and 3 report Numerous erross using memtest....only one stick came up clean!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LA Fred [/i] [B]Nurbs_x: Was it installing the BIOS updates in the order they were issued that did the trick for you? [/B][/QUOTE] Yup, ever since I applied those patches, I have been running quite normally. If you look earlier in the thread you can find the link to a site which mirrors all of Asus' BIOS updates. Asus boards seem to come with a few kinks that they eventually work out, but just the feature set alone makes the initial pain worth it. :):

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by nurbs_x [/i] [B]Asus boards seem to come with a few kinks that they eventually work out, but just the feature set alone makes the initial pain worth it. :): [/B][/QUOTE] I think those pains you mentioned are primarily due to the transition from Award bios to the AMI bios. Or, it could just be that AMI bios is not up to snuff yet. Asus still seems to be faster than any other MOBO company with bios updates so I guess time will tell. We still have to remember that we have a first generation of the new 875/865 chipsets, the first implementation of dual channel DDR, and the first generation of the 800mhz P4s. Lots of potential for growing pains. Happy Computing. Mike.

Archived