Corsair Community

USB Clear Cache

Kriscahya

Hi guys, and moderator,

need help if USB clear cache if it is recommend for the RGB freeze, my setting is default no profile has been made its a brand new k95 and it keeps freezing the default rainbow effect, and caps lock light not appearing.

It can be fix by switch the bios from 1 to 2 somtimes back to 1 again and then 3 but it keeps freezing like every 5-10 minutes... it is kinda annoying to keep switching the bios on keyboard.

i havent try using usb hub, my usb from the mainboard all comes with usb 3. i plug only the keyboard marks. its asus maximus vi mainboard. and all the usb from the mainboard on the back of the pc have been tried to plug this but still freezing

Next firmware update will fix the lights freezing.

If you use caps lock a lot, it'll freeze the keyboard as well with starting steam. I would also recommend seeing if you have 2 USB 2.0 ports and plugging both of the plugs into them (the one with the arrows first, then the keyboard second)

I would not buy a USB hub as the next firmware update will fix this, and it should be around in a couple of weeks.

I have had my K65 RGB for many months and have never moved the BIOS switch from whatever the default is. You shouldn't have to ever move it unless you have an odd timing issue with an older motherboard.

When your lighting effect freezes it must be happening on your USB bus, not inside the keyboard. All lighting effects happen via software and it's the CUE software that drives the keyboard's animated effects. There is no facility on the keyboard itself that operates moving profiles, there is only enough memory onboard to hold one static profile.

By constantly moving your BIOS switch you are just re-initializing the keyboard on the USB bus, and then after a certain amount of time the same problem occurs again.

I'd look for the problem with regard to what is happening via your USB bus. I have never had an effect freeze up, but I usually only use static profiles. I will be using the default rainbow for a few days to see if I can make it freeze through my normal use.

thanks guys, now the keyboard looks stable after i bought usb hub 2.0 and connect both the cable...hopefully once new firmware release i dont have to use the hub, and will directly plug to back of my pc since my mainboard all comes with 3.0

Archived