Corsair Community

Link Development Status Update

COOL GUY

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Updated 2/11/15
  • The new CPUID SDK is what runs all of the motherboard, GPU, and HDD sensors. An update just brings on new hardware that might not have been supported before. SLI/Crossfire detection is still not working.. yet.

Franck (CPUID SDK author) says that Corsair have fixed this and it was a bug in their code.

• 3 weeks later...
Updated 2/11/15

The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.

Is there any news on the firmware update for the H80i and the H100i?

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 6 weeks since the last update, when we were told that a software update that includes the new firmware was a "couple of weeks behind", which meant that we should have heard something about a month ago.

Sorry, but this is looking like the same ole Corsair... Keep 'em in the Dark, and feed 'em ******.

I have been waiting patiently as well. I have 2 H80i’s and 1 H100i. I have not returned either as I have been hoping for a stable Link Software release for 2 years now. I have continued to buy the “I” series because I see the potential of the software.

Negative comments aside. This comes down to a process of marketing and advertising your hardware specifically with Link Software compatibility on windows 7 and windows 8 platforms. The Link Software gives your products a seeming “step up” on the competition. The ability to monitor Link marketed hardware with the Link Software. Corsair has confirmed in this thread the ability of the software has fallen short on that advertisement.

If Corsair isn't careful this has all the makings of turning into a class action lawsuit where they could stand to lose millions vs investing a few hundred thousand dollars in a competent/devoted development team.

Think about it… You are already losing hundreds of thousands if not Millions in Direct RMA’s, Reverse Logistics, Support Staff Headcount and Customers Returning the products to vendors because they get the product home and find it doesn’t work as advertised. That is a major let down as a consumer. (It was for me.) In theory, your software related returns on “I” series hardware could potentially range 30%-70%. Meaning the hardware works great but the software doesn’t and causes the consumer to return the non-defective hardware. The average consumer would think that the software is necessary/required to properly run the hardware (eg. the fans of the H100i or H80i).

Corsair – Please save yourself money in agonizing court procedures and do what you set out to do. Give us the innovating hardware and software combo you set out to create and that we set out to purchase. It’s not as difficult as you are making it. All of this unnecessary delay is only wasting millions in potential revenue. It’s really ridiculous when you think about it.

I have been waiting patiently as well. I have 2 H80i’s and 1 H100i. I have not returned either as I have been hoping for a stable Link Software release for 2 years now. I have continued to buy the “I” series because I see the potential of the software.

Negative comments aside. This comes down to a process of marketing and advertising your hardware specifically with Link Software compatibility on windows 7 and windows 8 platforms. The Link Software gives your products a seeming “step up” on the competition. The ability to monitor Link marketed hardware with the Link Software. Corsair has confirmed in this thread the ability of the software has fallen short on that advertisement.

If Corsair isn't careful this has all the makings of turning into a class action lawsuit where they could stand to lose millions vs investing a few hundred thousand dollars in a competent/devoted development team.

Think about it… You are already losing hundreds of thousands if not Millions in Direct RMA’s, Reverse Logistics, Support Staff Headcount and Customers Returning the products to vendors because they get the product home and find it doesn’t work as advertised. That is a major let down as a consumer. (It was for me.) In theory, your software related returns on “I” series hardware could potentially range 30%-70%. Meaning the hardware works great but the software doesn’t and causes the consumer to return the non-defective hardware. The average consumer would think that the software is necessary/required to properly run the hardware (eg. the fans of the H100i or H80i).

Corsair – Please save yourself money in agonizing court procedures and do what you set out to do. Give us the innovating hardware and software combo you set out to create and that we set out to purchase. It’s not as difficult as you are making it. All of this unnecessary delay is only wasting millions in potential revenue. It’s really ridiculous when you think about it.

That's an idea, I bought the cooler with the idea that I would have good software to control and monitor my system. It's been a FAIL, and there doesn't seem to be any word on if anything is coming. This is making me decide that I'll go elsewhere for coolers. they said a couple weeks, that's come and gone. I'm very disappointed in Corsair, poor customer service on this.

Yeah, i bought the HX750i PSU mainly for the Corsair Link monitoring software... and it does not work... so i really feel i wasted my money on it and should have gone with a cheaper powersuply.

Seeing how long this has been going on and theres still no fix i think Corsair is seriously letting customers down.

They should have first made sure the Corsair Link software worked fine before releasing Corsair Link products, not the other way around...

Yeah, i bought the HX750i PSU mainly for the Corsair Link monitoring software... and it does not work... so i really feel i wasted my money on it and should have gone with a cheaper powersuply.

Seeing how long this has been going on and theres still no fix i think Corsair is seriously letting customers down.

They should have first made sure the Corsair Link software worked fine before releasing Corsair Link products, not the other way around...

agreed ! .... i will think twice b4 buy anything from Corsair again!

Same here. I bought the H100i and it was a mess. Worked it out by downgrading the SW. Had some problems with 2x CX750M, and Corsair fixed that for me, but while waiting i bought a AX860i, and the readings i get is not to be trusted in any way.

Unless the readings are right, if so is, my AX860i is awesome since it more than often is more than 100% efficient! (yeah, I know that is not posible...)

Same here. I bought the H100i and it was a mess. Worked it out by downgrading the SW. Had some problems with 2x CX750M, and Corsair fixed that for me, but while waiting i bought a AX860i, and the readings i get is not to be trusted in any way.

Unless the readings are right, if so is, my AX860i is awesome since it more than often is more than 100% efficient! (yeah, I know that is not posible...)

My AX860i is a fantastic unit, it handles my x99 system and 2 R9-290X cards wonderfully but the fly in the ointment is CorsairLink software. Since my Windows 8.1 upgrade it's been a failure and I am not one that blames Win 8.1 for everything, I've had no issues with it as an OS. I'm left here wondering what Windows 10 will bring as far as CorsairLink goes but my problems with it has shown me that it's time to move on elsewhere. Pity, the hardware is fine, probably stick to memory and psu's but there are coolers out that work just as well with less software headaches. This thread was started to provide updates, haven't seen any. Where????????????????

My AX860i is a fantastic unit, it handles my x99 system and 2 R9-290X cards wonderfully but the fly in the ointment is CorsairLink software. Since my Windows 8.1 upgrade it's been a failure and I am not one that blames Win 8.1 for everything, I've had no issues with it as an OS. I'm left here wondering what Windows 10 will bring as far as CorsairLink goes but my problems with it has shown me that it's time to move on elsewhere. Pity, the hardware is fine, probably stick to memory and psu's but there are coolers out that work just as well with less software headaches. This thread was started to provide updates, haven't seen any. Where????????????????

Sorry to disappoint but its the same story with Windows 10 10041 build. Pump and fans aren't detected for me so I am unable to set fan configs or to change the color of the lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to disappoint but its the same story with Windows 10 10041 build. Pump and fans aren't detected for me so I am unable to set fan configs or to change the color of the lighting.

Not really a disappointment just no surprise that it is, however Win 10 is still in developement so it's kind of early to say it's a fail there but I'm not really holding my breath. Shame, the hardware is just fine, software is the weak point.

Hello, any updated WORKING version of corsair link?

I have a new z97 rig with i7 4790k and the link software is junk. It keeps malfunctioning. I can hear the USB disconnect sound all the time as if I unplugged something (which I have not) and this happens only when I install corsair link so it is not a hardware issue.

This is unacceptable. FIX IT CORSAIR!

Cool Guy,

The last update we were given was 2/11. It has been 60 days, without any official update. It seemed you came here to provide some support. If you really wish to do so, I think an update every 2 weeks, that would take you less than 5 minutes of time, seems reasonable. You are losing credibility here every day you fail to provide an update.

The ball is in your court, and right now the lack of any update on progress is speaking very loudly.

Cool Guy,

The last update we were given was 2/11. It has been 60 days, without any official update. It seemed you came here to provide some support. If you really wish to do so, I think an update every 2 weeks, that would take you less than 5 minutes of time, seems reasonable. You are losing credibility here every day you fail to provide an update.

The ball is in your court, and right now the lack of any update on progress is speaking very loudly.

Agree..I was a Corsair fan..from case (obsidian 650d) to watercooling (H100i) to PSU.

I'm switching to NXZT case/cooler/cooling control. Had enough with Corsair. They are completely unprofessional.

I have updated to Windows 10 10049 build and now Corsair Link fails to run at all, saying there is a compatibility issue. I have tried running in Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility mode, but still fails to start.

What has changed that now stops Link from working, and will this be fixed in a later Link build?

Matt

I have updated to Windows 10 10049 build and now Corsair Link fails to run at all, saying there is a compatibility issue. I have tried running in Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatibility mode, but still fails to start.

What has changed that now stops Link from working, and will this be fixed in a later Link build?

Matt

Same thing for me :[pouts:

Archived