Corsair Community

Link Development Status Update

COOL GUY

Agree..I was a Corsair fan..from case (obsidian 650d) to watercooling (H100i) to PSU.

I'm switching to NXZT case/cooler/cooling control. Had enough with Corsair. They are completely unprofessional.

Its unfortunate veering away from a well known brand like Corsair but what ever you decide on I think you'll find that every brand has its share of issues which is just the nature of the beast...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its unfortunate veering away from a well known brand like Corsair but what ever you decide on I think you'll find that every brand has its share of issues which is just the nature of the beast...

Yep I agree with you, but i've had corsair commander for more than 2 years and it has never worked as intended..not with windows 7, nor win 8, win 8.1...and on two different platforms.. an older core2quad, and a very new Z97..... I find that I've given corsair a lot of second chances... maybe the GRID+ will have similar problems, who knows, but at this point i'll try something new. Especially since customer support for corsair link is non existent.

Hi, guys/gals newbie here on the forums, I Have a couple ? for the owners of The corsair Link and led node, I Have purchased another corsair product 900D, Been a fan for many many years, Anyways I'm looking to get the link and Led node My questions Are, Is it worth it? realistically how many Fans can be hooked up to this unit (modding y splitters and such) I'm Running A custom loop with dual quad rads plus case fans, there is a ton of fans of course with any loop, Plus I will be running LED lighting throughout the case, I will be modding the Lighting also to use with other LED I Have a couple Frozen Q rezz's that have LED in them That I would like to control with the node also, So Should I go with the traditional Route, like 5.25 bay fan/led controller? the reason I brought it up in this forum is sounds like a lot of you are having troubles with the firmware/programming with the units, to be able to customize your rigs. I have no problem spending the money but if I'm going to get headaches like some of you, What's the benefits honestly? lol

Sorry for the book guy's and thanks for your patience with the NOOB!

Thanks

Coleman

Hi, guys/gals newbie here on the forums, I Have a couple ? for the owners of The corsair Link and led node, I Have purchased another corsair product 900D, Been a fan for many many years, Anyways I'm looking to get the link and Led node My questions Are, Is it worth it? realistically how many Fans can be hooked up to this unit (modding y splitters and such) I'm Running A custom loop with dual quad rads plus case fans, there is a ton of fans of course with any loop, Plus I will be running LED lighting throughout the case, I will be modding the Lighting also to use with other LED I Have a couple Frozen Q rezz's that have LED in them That I would like to control with the node also, So Should I go with the traditional Route, like 5.25 bay fan/led controller? the reason I brought it up in this forum is sounds like a lot of you are having troubles with the firmware/programming with the units, to be able to customize your rigs. I have no problem spending the money but if I'm going to get headaches like some of you, What's the benefits honestly? lol

Sorry for the book guy's and thanks for your patience with the NOOB!

Thanks

Coleman

You can add as many fans as desired using y splitters as long as you stay below the threshold of 2 amps per header or 4 amps max...

One mistake some make is using splitters and connecting fans that each have their own rpm wire,only one fan can have a rpm wire on the splitter and others need to be removed as having more than one signal will give erratic rpm readings...

Contrary to the issues you see on this board, the Mini commander is a good product and being this is a support board then problems are what will be seen here as users rarely come here to post that their problem free...

Corsair makes fine hardware and terrible software. Their power supplies are fantastic, just don't plan to monitor or control them through Link; my AIO CPU cooler works flawlessly, and is perfectly happy controlled by the motherboard; their fans are some of the best, and I personally like their cases a lot. Their RAM is fantastic. Just make sure to stay as far as you can from Link: don't install it, don't plan for it, don't depend on it.

That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Yeah I found that out about there software awhile ago, Hence (RGB K95) @ least it is a little better then launch was lol, I love there products They build great keyboards mice, headsets and cases love my 900D. And I love all my fans from them some of the best, IMO. I have come close to buying the corsair link many times but still sticking with the fan controllers that are on the market, for all the builds I do, Would love to go digital 1 day Just gotta wait till we get there I guess, 1 thing I Hate is being a BETA tester for high dollar items!, Well if they get it fixed one day, I will buy one and do a nice little YouTube walk threw video~!!

Again Thanks for the advice

Coleman.

BTW: Take whatever time you need, just get it right, please

I don't think you understand what you said here ha ha ha.

Jokes aside people that come to the site to actually complain are the voices of the product. My friends, family and bloggers all listen to what I recommend because I take the time to post and read up on issues.

I would not recommend any of your products because customer satisfaction and relations are really important to me and no other company I have ever worked with has had this horrible excuse of a service delivery on their own faults.

Good bey Corsair

Nickslayer, dude if ya hate them that much then yea just go.

I've had nothing, but good CS from Corsair. The Corsair Link SW worked fine in Windows 8.1 for me. Not in Windows 10, but that's sorted to be expected. All customers have ups and downs with products and it sounds like you've just had a fairly down experience with at least their Link SW. So, yeah if Thermaltake or NZXT works better than go for it. Just my 2.

I bet it will be the same as it was with Windows 8

I agree with your assessment. Win10 will be out soon, so Corsair may finally get a version of link that works with Win8, but even that is iffy! By the time we see Win11, we would be lucky to see something that works under Win10.

From Red-ray's findings regarding the USB serial numbering, it is clear that Corsair is way past their depth on these devices, and getting support in reasonable timeframes is unlikely to occur. They simply don't grasp the issues, and we aren't seeing any real difference in the way they are approaching these problems.

Thank you Corsair, I really want this to work again.

I ripped my Link controllers out of my system just before Christmas in a fit of rage after the umpteenth software fail.

I'm waiting with baited breath to watch the forums upon V3 release... if the usual thread of frustration isn't present.... hey I might be willing to give it another go and even look at buying more C-Link gear in the future.

If not? Oh well, my expensive commander and fan controllers will gather more dust in my drawer and I won't touch anything stamped Corsair Link :(

I am taking it a step further and not going to touch anything stamped CORSAIR until the K95 RGB, and the Commander Mini works properly.

No, it is not a full change log. Just what we believe were the major issue's people are having and our main focus. The blinking of LED's you are referring to, which product is that on? Is it only on custom curve? If this is the Commander Mini, then yes we have been looking into this, if other please let me know. Are the fans you are using PWM, 3 pin, or both?

I will put this on the list for GPU fans and see what we can do.

This restriction is to keep lower speed fans from stalling out. 1k rpm stock fans at lower than 40% generally stall and is considered a safety feature. We do see the requests to turn off fans as an enhancement and will look at what kind of warnings we have to put in place for people to enable this if the hardware can support it.

OK... I understand that but what about all the high rpm fans that can't go under 40% Also what about PWM fans that have a minimum speed that is lower than the 40% you allow???

I am taking it a step further and not going to touch anything stamped CORSAIR until the K95 RGB, and the Commander Mini works properly.

Most of Corsairs products are top notch,so ultimately it will be you that loses out by restricting your hardware brand.,

Most of Corsairs products are top notch,so ultimately it will be you that loses out by restricting your hardware brand.,

While I will be restricted in my choices there are many many many other choices in all of the categories of hardware. I will be just fine. However Corsair is going to lose customers over this kind of stuff. PERIOD. How much time do they need??? It's literally been YEARS since CL was released.

Are you saying since they do some things right that they are justified in the terrible communication? Should they not actually hire 3, 4, 5, 6 devs to devote full time to this product? How much money have they made off of this product? Why should my device not work properly? I have tried it on win 7, 8, 8.1 and even 10 now just for laughs and a tiny glimmer of hope it would work properly. IF they allocate the proper resources it would be fixed and done.

OK... I understand that but what about all the high rpm fans that can't go under 40% Also what about PWM fans that have a minimum speed that is lower than the 40% you allow???

With PWM fans the CLCC firmware allows fans to be set below 40% and it's CL that has the 40% lower limit. If you write your own CL control software you can set them to 12 of 255 (~5%). I have only managed to do this for PWM mode but it should be simple enough to change the firmware so lower speeds worked for custom curves should Corsair choose to do so.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21714&stc=1&d=1431243883

PWM_12_of_255.thumb.png.92fc95bfb468a5894aba0fff57ef17e9.png

Such a discrepancy between the quality of the software and the hardware.

The hardware is top notch, I've experienced Corsair memory, power supplies, cases (although I've since discovered Caselabs and I'm not looking back!), the AIO coolers were a great intro to water cooling (but now I'm onto proper custom loops), their fans, their braided coloured cable kits, loved the K70 RGB I bought not so long ago but found the software too unreliable so sent that back....but Link really takes the biscuit for an atrociously unreliable piece of software that lets the whole setup down, in my opinion.

The fact that you *still* have to faff about with the registry on Win 8.1 to get an H100i recognised in Link despite this workaround apparently being many months old and still no fix incorporated into the software says it all to me.

I'll definitely continue buying their hardware but I can't imagine giving Link another go unless they really do pull their fingers out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived