Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine, no device detected.

beardedfatman

My new K75 RGB (it's absolutely the RGB version) is doing something similar to this thread. If I have a "virgin" PC that's never seen this keyboard, I plug it in, install CUE, it sees the keyboard and does all the nifty RGB stuffs. At some point after one to many reboots, I will get the dreaded "NO DEVICE DETECTED" error message. I've tested this on two different computers, and both behave exactly identically. I also tried the old software/firmware at the start of this thread and that worked for about a week, but has since broken again.

I'm connecting via 2x USB 2.0 ports, directly into the USB 2.0 header on the back of the motherboard. I'll let ya'll know if I figure out WTF is going on. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I might have found the fix to this. Try changing the bios switch on the back and restarting after everytime and making sure your computer is fully up to date.

Edit: also will not work if you are using remote desktop

Hey guy's here is my Story.

I recently upgraded my PC. Everything was working perfectly on my old system.

Installed a clean Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition. I got everything up and running Installed my K70 RGB and installed CUE and it worked perfectly.

I then proceeded to install all the latest Motherboard drivers from CD/Website (I have Asus Maximus 7 Hero) once all my drivers where installed my CUE software decided to say i hate you and said no device detected.

After reading a users comment saying to install the latest versions of USB drivers i did, Rebooted started CUE and bobs your auntie it worked.

Steps:

1. Find the brand and Driver you need. (Go to your Motherboard's Webpage it normally displays the version and brand)

on my side it was Intel USB 3 Driver Set.

2. Google your USB Chip-set brand and get the latest version.

3. Install the USB Driver with all your USB's still plugged in, as it will now disconnect all your devices while it installs.

4. Once installed Restart your PC

I really hope this works out for you guys and that you have pleasant days.

Hi Everyone! New here and trying out an M65 but like many of you have experienced the Corsair Utility Engine says No Device Detected. Re-booting does not help, but if I quit the software and then re-run it it works. Hopefully Corsair will do something about this.

• 5 weeks later...
Open Task-Manager, kill/terminate CorsairHID.exe.

Restart "Corsair Utility Engine". See if that helps.

This worked like a charm for me on my K95 RGB. :D:

Now, the million dollar question:

Is there any way to not have to do this every time I start my computer to get this to work proper? :confused:

This worked like a charm for me on my K95 RGB. :D:

Now, the million dollar question:

Is there any way to not have to do this every time I start my computer to get this to work proper? :confused:

Welp, looks like I answered my own question! :D:

Using iObit's Advanced System Care 8 Pro, I put the CUE on a delayed start up, and I have absolutely no issues with it now. I hope this helps some of you! ;):

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought my keyboard a week ago, loved it but it kept doing the unable to detect shenanigans in CUE. The below worked so thank you, although it doesn't fix the issue in general with the software. It's a shame because it's a lovely keyboard, hope Corsair refines their software side of the business.

Open Task-Manager, kill/terminate CorsairHID.exe.

Restart "Corsair Utility Engine". See if that helps.

• 1 month later...

Attention for those who has motherboard Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero and Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 MX Red Cherrie non RGB

How to update firmware K70FwUpdate 1.09 sw-1.3

1) First you need to plug in the USB correctly on the I/O shield of the motherboard.

2) On the right USB 2.0 of the I/O shield plug in the USB connector which has mark as (keyboard))

3) On the left USB 2.0 of the I/O shield plug in the USB connector which has mark as (left and right arrows)

4) If you have Asus Keybot software you have to turn it off to update the software.

5) Now to update K70FwUpdate 1.09 sw-1.3 open the the firmware and start to update, a window opens with choices for your keyboard preferences which has two options to tick one for the red led or two for the blue led.

6) The last thing for successful installation click (Update Firmware) and wait to finish do not unplug anything till it finish the firmware update.

• Corsair Employee

Nik, I posted in the other thread but it's faster to contact our tech support than it is to await a response here on the forums. I'd also appreciate it if you didn't make so many posts about the issue in different threads.

Thanks!

Maybe if Corsair tech support was actually able to provide support, instead of repeatedly telling customers that *their* hardware was defective, instead of taking a proper bug report and getting the developers to fix a systemic problem with the keyboard software; people wouldn't have to desperately search the forums and post in every one of them to get some kind of response. This keyboard was such a huge let down, because it is the *software* that's broken, not the motherboards, or USB add in cards or drivers or chippers or any other nonsense.

Try this:

1. Download latest firmware for k70 RGB: http://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/K70RGB.zip

K70RGB_app112.bin dated 9-22-2014

2. Download latest software: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48 9-22-2014

3. Uninstall CUE currently loaded

4. Boot

5. Connect cables

6. Update firmware you downloaded (K70RGB_app112.bin)

7. Boot

8. Install CUE (Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48)

9. Boot

10. See if that works

Post your results

thanks buddy

• 4 weeks later...
Try this:

1. Download latest firmware for k70 RGB: http://www3.corsair.com/software/HID/K70RGB.zip

K70RGB_app112.bin dated 9-22-2014

2. Download latest software: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads

Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48 9-22-2014

3. Uninstall CUE currently loaded

4. Boot

5. Connect cables

6. Update firmware you downloaded (K70RGB_app112.bin)

7. Boot

8. Install CUE (Corsair Utility Engine - v1.1.48)

9. Boot

10. See if that works

Post your results

my keyboard Corsair k70(non RGB)

I made them,,My problems did not improve :( pls help me

• 4 months later...

I dont know what happens with my k70 rgb... Im using it little bit more than week... everything works fine when suddenly bam! lights switch off or goes red and for some reason few buttons goes blinking green like there would be lag or glitch.... it lags my pc for 1-2sec's and then i get software error "no device detected please connect a device.. after all that it automaticaly goes back on. maybe there is fix for for this non-sense?

P.S im using 1 x 3.0 usb

I recently bought the Strafe RGB. It was working fine when the scroll lock key started flashing while the windows lock key is steady red. The lighting is back to default which is steady red and white for some keys. It is also saying NO DEVICE FOUND in the CUE. I have searched everywhere and tried a LOT but this one did the trick to me...

Press F1 and the windows lock key at the same time.

I have read this from a comment in YouTube. I tried it and it worked! haha. They say its like a soft reboot I think..

FIXED - SOLVED

my k95 would not be detected by CUE nor could i type after the log in screen of windows, unless the keyboard was in bios mode. but the modes would work in my bios. it was just stuck in a basic light mode other wise.

THE FIX so install the latest CUE and have it running, then with the keyboard in the default mode 1ms "in my case at this point the keyboard freezes and i have to use just the mouse" Click on the start menu - control panel - system & security - system - device manager then go down to human interface devices and right click and update device software to them all. in my case there was just 4 in the list and the 4th had an update available then straight away after. CUE will prompt you with a dialogue box for language and its all fixed YAY

• 4 weeks later...
Bought the K70 Red yesterday for £95. Gutted to find when I get home that the "virtually unlimited game customization" is in fact limited to button that lets me set just one profile. I bought this keyboard on the premise that I would be using the software to set profiles for each game. This is basically an overpriced mechanical keyboard with red letters. Going to have to fight for a refund now. Not sure why you decide to do this corsair, seems like a dick move allow said customisation on only the much more expensive RGB model...

Bought the K70 Red yesterday for £95. Gutted to find when I get home that the "virtually unlimited game customization" is in fact limited to button that lets me set just one profile. I bought this keyboard on the premise that I would be using the software to set profiles for each game. This is basically an overpriced mechanical keyboard with red letters. Going to have to fight for a refund now. Not sure why you decide to do this corsair, seems like a dick move allow said customisation on only the much more expensive RGB model...

The K70 red backlit came out way before the RGB model and the hardware inside it is completely different. The old K70 non-RGB does not have the required hardware to be recognized by CUE.

You might want to take a look at the new K70 RGB or the STRAFE models (either RGB or not).

The K70 red backlit came out way before the RGB model and the hardware inside it is completely different. The old K70 non-RGB does not have the required hardware to be recognized by CUE.

You might want to take a look at the new K70 RGB or the STRAFE models (either RGB or not).

Yup, I'm looking at the RGB one. I had no idea he K70 was much older. Shame, now I have a £95 keyboard that is no use to me.

I bought the K70 red a few days ago.

It arrived today. I 'tried' to install it and encountered the same problem everyone else here seems to be having. Device not detected by the Utility Engine.

I tried the suggestions that were posted here. They didn't help.

I just repackaged the keyboard and processed my return through Amazon.

I don't have the time for this crap and frankly I shouldn't have to waste time trying to troubleshoot a brand new product to get it to work. Especially a keyboard of all things.

I bought the K70 red a few days ago.

It arrived today. I 'tried' to install it and encountered the same problem everyone else here seems to be having. Device not detected by the Utility Engine.

I tried the suggestions that were posted here. They didn't help.

I just repackaged the keyboard and processed my return through Amazon.

I don't have the time for this crap and frankly I shouldn't have to waste time trying to troubleshoot a brand new product to get it to work. Especially a keyboard of all things.

From what you're saying you bough an "old" K70 non-RGB red backlit which does NOT have any software (or macro) support of any kind. That is why CUE does not detect it, because it cannot since it doesn't support the "legacy" hardware.

Archived