Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine, no device detected.

beardedfatman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
This won't solve his issue because there is no issue to begin with. He has the old K70 non-RGB and that is not a CUE device.

So is there any way to update the firmware on these old non-RGB keyboards? My understanding was that CUE was the only way to update firmware, and I don't see a separate download for that one.

Asking because I also use this keyboard w/ Linux, and have seen posts about updated firmware helping the keyboard work properly in non-BIOS mode. (Even if I could just disable the blinking scroll lock key I'd be happy!)

Thanks...

So is there any way to update the firmware on these old non-RGB keyboards? My understanding was that CUE was the only way to update firmware, and I don't see a separate download for that one.

Asking because I also use this keyboard w/ Linux, and have seen posts about updated firmware helping the keyboard work properly in non-BIOS mode. (Even if I could just disable the blinking scroll lock key I'd be happy!)

Thanks...

You don't need to update the firmware at all. The BIOS update currently available on the site (for K70 legacy/non-RGB) is more than 2+ years old, all new keyboards shipping since then have had it installed by default from the factory.

• 3 months later...

So today I received the 2.05 update so I decided to go ahead and update the firmware. But once the firmware was downloaded the keyboard shut down and CUE would "not detect the device"

I started to look around the forums and saw that a bunch of people are having the same issue and no real solution has been posted by Corsair.

I tried every solution that I found on the forums posted by different users but nothing worked. So I decided to find a solution my self.

after trying bunch of stuff I decided to update the Intel Software through device manager and after a restarted the keyboard started working again!

Steps:

1) go to device manager

2) expand system devices

3) right click on all intel software and update

4) restart

5) hopefully your keyboard is back up and running!!!

I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...
I remember a similar issue showing up for me when i installed the CUE version of the software.

However im pretty sure unplugging the cables and plugging them back in was able to resolve the issue.

Just to be sure what firmware version was it that you installed?

The spec for the K70 is either 2xUSB2.0 (Plugging the Auxiliary Power Cable in before the Keyboard Cable) or just 1xUSB3.0 (Using just the Keyboard cable and not the Auxiliary Power).

The spec for the K70 is either 2xUSB2.0 (Plugging the Auxiliary Power Cable in before the Keyboard Cable) or just 1xUSB3.0 (Using just the Keyboard cable and not the Auxiliary Power)

Just Plugged 1 USB 3.0

That fixed it for me

• 1 month later...
Benn to this thread a few times over the last year since I got mine, and the problem turned out to be very very simple. The BIOS switch on the back of the keyboard... I need to have it set to 1 for the Corsair Program to pick up on it. Anything else and it doesn't work.

My keyboard had been working for months, but then stopped being recognized by CUE. I made no changes other than the most recent software update. I tried a bunch of stuff and nothing worked. Then I saw this and thought, "maybe I'll try it." Totally worked. Somehow the switch must have been moved. Can't explain how it happened. Only thing I can think is that the keyboard is in my office and the cleaning crew moves it... perhaps they accidentally hit the switch. All so say, check the bios setting. Perhaps something changed it.

Glad to have things working again.

• 6 months later...

Personally (I own the K95 Platinum), opening task manager and ending any thing related to corsair and its CUE/iCUE fixed it for me. Once all programs related to Corsair are closed through the task manager, you may open CUE/iCUE and the keyboard or other device should appear.

Good luck everyone.

Archived