Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine, no device detected.

beardedfatman

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had that exactly same problem, was already trying for a long time, when suddenly I realized: They didn't send me the RGB-Version!! On Amazon some sell the normal K95/K70 adding pictures of the RGB Version to cheat people.

Check your box if you really have the RGB-Version of your Keyboard. This happened to me today, I will send back the K95 asap....They took 180€ from me for a normal K95...

Same Problem with my K95 and K70 (Which turned up today), plug it in for my laptop as an external and it's like nope does not exist. Everything works just can't customise any of the keys or create profiles. My K95 works sometimes I'd say like 8/10 times it works. The other 2 I just have to unplug the USB cable and re-attach. Though I'm running on a USB 3.0.

I found a fix for my greyed out device and profile tab, hopefully this will help you to. Try this after installing CUE.

1. go to device manager

2. under ports (com & lpt) there should be 2-3 corsair keyboard entries

3. let windows update each of them again ( click on every single one and search for updates)

4. they should be gone from ports now

5. CUE should start and ask for firmware updates.

edit: if the names are different for you i'm sorry but my windows is in german

I had that exactly same problem, was already trying for a long time, when suddenly I realized: They didn't send me the RGB-Version!! On Amazon some sell the normal K95/K70 adding pictures of the RGB Version to cheat people.

Check your box if you really have the RGB-Version of your Keyboard. This happened to me today, I will send back the K95 asap....They took 180€ from me for a normal K95...

HOLY CRAP! i feel slightly stupid, but this is exactly my problem. I just checked my box and no where on it does it mention that it's a k95 RGB....just a vengeance k95....

HOLY CRAP! i feel slightly stupid, but this is exactly my problem. I just checked my box and no where on it does it mention that it's a k95 RGB....just a vengeance k95....

You are not alone bro ;) I will return the K95 tomorrow, the RGB is already ordered...

I think many of us got cheated like that these days. Most of the users who report this problem will simply have the wrong Keyboard... I looked very close what I ordered this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got mine for christmas this morning. Plugged up the keyboard. Everything is lit up bright white. Went to the site downloaded the vengeance software, installed it and no device detected. unplugged the keyboard.........nothing.........restarted computer...............nothing. Went back on the site and downloaded the first link corsair gaming for K95. Uninstalled the vengeance one and installed the new one. Same thing happening.......Went to device manager and uninstalled all the 5 hid keyboards. Plugged in the K95 and I got 5 new hid keyboards.............same thing.......don't detect keyboard. Running windows 8.1

I am having the same problems as well, I just got this keyboard for christmas and i am using it right now. I downloaded the software and it wont let me click the profile tab to make one. It just says "no device connected, connect a device." Any ideas on how to fix it?

Are you by any chance starting CUE and Steam automatically at system startup?

Also if you are using USB 2.0 ports, are you using both connectors (your new Keyboards are power thursty ;) ).

If neither of that applies to you, I'm out of ideas at the moment, I'm sorry.

I have the same issue with both a K70 and a M65 mouse they both basically work but are not detected by the software. unplugging, Uninstalling and reinstalling, Nothing is detected on this Lenovo Y510P. Okay so I figured out the problem. Non-RGB so suggestion is to make the software tell people that the hardware is non-RGB instead of stating - "Not Detected"

So I take blame partially for the screw up here XD. Now I have an issue with the Vengeance K70 software download - it's supposed to have the 1.3 software and the firmware update but only contains the firmware update - no software.

Wanted to clear up my comment about B&H Photo............They are not advertising it as a RGB. They do say you can select keys to light up and whatnot. I got excited and ordered it, not realizing there were 2 different keyboards. I'm sending mine back and ordering the correct one. B&H doesn't offer the RGB one.

I am having the same problems as well, I just got this keyboard for Christmas and i am using it right now. I downloaded the software and it wont let me click the profile tab to make one. It just says "no device connected, connect a device." Any ideas on how to fix it?

Open Task-Manager, kill/terminate CorsairHID.exe.

Restart "Corsair Utility Engine". See if that helps.

I just bought this keyboard yesterday and facing the same issues too. I would like to share with you guys is that I have managed to solve this issue by updating to the latest USB 3.0 host controller for Intel and XHCI Controller for Asmedia(I'm using Asus Maximus V Gene). Google and update your USB controller to the latest driver will do the trick. Try not to get it from the your motherboard website since most of them are not up to date.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this too on 3 of my computer all the exact same not detected problem. The solution is not too hard actually. After boot - Uninstall the corsair utility - then reinstall the corsair utility - then it will detect the the rgb keyboard (k65 and k70 for me) - then open the profile page and import 1 fresh new profile to display till your next reboot. Just rinse and repeat when you boot up.

Wish there was built in lighting profiles that work without the corsair utility. Its not very kool to reinstall the driver when i am showing off my keyboard.

Have you tried plugging the keyboard into the USB 2.0/3.0 ports instead?

Latest chipset drivers and BIOS?

You shouldn't have to reinstall CUE each time to get it working. Does CUE detect the keyboard a few minutes after startup? e.g. Close CUE on startup, wait for a few minutes and open CUE again.

Archived