Corsair Community

Help with commander pro and rgb fans

Ironmind91

I just moved my rig into a 460x case (in love) and am trying to get my 6x hd120 fans to work with the Commander Pro. All 6 fans are connected to the hub the fans came with, then that's connected to LED1 on the commander pro. All the fans are working but only fan1 is lit. I'll post a link to pics of Corsair Link and how I've hooked it all up. Can anyone help?

https://imgur.com/a/vbh3b

Try rearranging the fans on the hub.

They run in serial (like Christmas lights) and if one is bad, they'll take the rest of them down with it. It's possible that either Fan#1 or Fan#2 are the culprit ... so move 'em around on the RGB Fan Hub

I just tried switching them around, still the same. Any fan plugged into 1 will work. The fan that was already in 1 is now in 6 and wont work. Every combination gets the same result. Wtf..

I also have multiple hubs (one came with the case and 2 from both 3 packs of fans) I've tried switching hubs and got the same result still.

I just tried switching them around, still the same. Any fan plugged into 1 will work. The fan that was already in 1 is now in 6 and wont work. Every combination gets the same result. Wtf..

I also have multiple hubs (one came with the case and 2 from both 3 packs of fans) I've tried switching hubs and got the same result still.

Yeah, that's pretty unusual. Especially since you switched hubs and got the same result.

Just a couple of things before I'm out of ideas ...

1. Make sure that they are getting proper power. The Commander Pro, especially, should not be on a molex-to-SATA adapter. Don't know if this is the case for you but check. The Fan hub should be OK (it uses the 5v rail and maybe the 12v but not 3.3V) on an adapter but the Commander Pro definitely is not.

2. Try moving the fan hub on to LED #2.

3. Try using Sequential (channel effect) ... more as a test than anything else.

Yeah, that's pretty unusual. Especially since you switched hubs and got the same result.

Just a couple of things before I'm out of ideas ...

1. Make sure that they are getting proper power. The Commander Pro, especially, should not be on a molex-to-SATA adapter. Don't know if this is the case for you but check. The Fan hub should be OK (it uses the 5v rail and maybe the 12v but not 3.3V) on an adapter but the Commander Pro definitely is not.

2. Try moving the fan hub on to LED #2.

3. Try using Sequential (channel effect) ... more as a test than anything else.

Tried all of that but nothing worked, I'm about to throw my whole rig out the window and go live in a cave...

I ended up unplugging everything and plugging in only the fan hub and one fan, Powered though sysfan1 and even then only slot 1 lit anything up so I don't think it's the Commander pro I think I just have 3 bad fan hubs? I've spent all day switching fan hubs, changing which fan is plugged in where, updating and rolling back firmware...I think I might return a 3 pack of fans and use the new hub to test?

Really appreciate the help mate, so frustrated haha.

FWIW I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad fan hub *and* a bad commander Pro. Do you have a Lighting Node Pro so you can remove the Commander Pro from the equation?

In the end I ordered new ones and all fans lit up and worked straight away. Here's the thread covering what I did:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173283

FWIW I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad fan hub *and* a bad commander Pro. Do you have a Lighting Node Pro so you can remove the Commander Pro from the equation?

In the end I ordered new ones and all fans lit up and worked straight away. Here's the thread covering what I did:

Welcome to the Team Mr C :)...

would seem like there is a bad batch of bad hubs/CoPros out there :(... good luck on your quest OP...

Hi Mr C,

I saw your thread as well I've been reading through the forums all day trying to figure out what my problem was. I don't have a lighting nod no but I do have 3 fan hubs that I've been switching through all day. I unplugged the Command Pro and only plugged my fans into the hub and they still wouldn't light up so I'm assuming its the hub? it is a little strange that all 3 of mine aren't working though.

Do you have a 'HD' button controller to throw in in place of the commander pro? this could cancel out the CoPro being at fault....

I tried that, plugged only one fan into a hub then a hd controller to it and it worked until I plugged that fan into another slot then nothing.

So today I exchanged one of my 3 packs for another one, came all the way home and plugged everything into the new fan hub.....TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! THATS 4 FAN HUBS NOW!

Can I seriously get 4 bad fan hubs? CP works fine, the issue must be the new fan hub because when I plug in the hand controller I still get only 4 fans on.

Well 4 fans on is better then one so I guess I made progress.....

Archived