Corsair Community

Commander Pro disappeared from iCue

Go to solution Solved by Embeez,

Today I found out that my Commander Pro went amiss from iCue. And with it 6 fans that it was controlling.
Currently what I can see in iCue is:
- ASUS motherboard
- H150i Elite LCD (fans from AIO on ports 1,2,3; three additional QL fans on ports 4,5,6)
- ST100 RBG
- K68 keyboard

Commander Pro is running in Hardware Mode (all fans set to white). When uninstalled from Software Updates, it installs back again after restart but behavior does not change (not visible in iCue, runs in hardware mode). iCue is 5.3.102.

Any hints why so suddenly it went amiss?

Edited by Goan

Generally, if a device is missing from CUE then you start with the USB pathway and work backwards.  Physical connection and motherboard are all in the chain.  However, if the RAM are missing too it may be some more simple.  Make sure you are not running HWinfo, AIDA, or any other full spectrum monitoring program that is polling the Commander Pro.  The programs get entangled and garbage data, loss of control, or flat out missing UI elements are common.  Since the RAM talks to the software through the SMBus that is shared by all the programs, it does suggest there is another actor in there somewhere.  

• Like 1

I'm running Open Hardware Monitor, but I was doing that always, and never had that issue.
Since yesterday (last day everything was working) there were no changes to software.

• Solution

What happens if you revert to iCUE 4?

I am experiencing the same issue with my RAM.  Since updating to v. 5, my sticks are not visible and stuck in their hardware lighting mode.

However, if I revert to v. 4, everything goes back to as it was. I have tinkered with many things and so far no progress has been made.  In fact, I've gone in a big circle, broken things and now I'm back to where I started (with everything but the RAM working as intended).

ASUS mobo Z690-F, Corsair Dominator 32GB x 2 16GB 5600MHz DDR5

Had some time today, so reverted to 4.33.138. And, of course, all is well, or at least as it should be...
A bit disappointing, but since this is my first disappointment with Corsair (contrary to e.g. competitor that starts its name with R and end with same 🙂 ) while using their stuff for a decade now, I'll let it pass and patiently wait for better solution (or iCue 4's EOL) 🙂

Screenshot 2023-07-11 180817.png

Edited by Goan

On 7/3/2023 at 4:43 PM, c-attack said:

Generally, if a device is missing from CUE then you start with the USB pathway and work backwards.  Physical connection and motherboard are all in the chain.  However, if the RAM are missing too it may be some more simple.  Make sure you are not running HWinfo, AIDA, or any other full spectrum monitoring program that is polling the Commander Pro.  The programs get entangled and garbage data, loss of control, or flat out missing UI elements are common.  Since the RAM talks to the software through the SMBus that is shared by all the programs, it does suggest there is another actor in there somewhere.  

Thank you for mentioning the issues caused by HWinfo! I was having a different issue, but a search brought me here. Closing HWinfo immediately fixed the issue I was having. The strips on my 5000T, the three intake fans and the three AIO fans were all blinking.