The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834392
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question If the coolant is cool why should the fans speed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbushnaq View Post
r u sure thats the best way, I can see the fans barely speeding up under load.
If the coolant is cool why should the fans speed up?

I could setup a custom curve and use the CPU Package and see if you can make that operate as you wish.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:56 PM

POST ID # = 834419
linxeye Reputation: 10

True, clicking the HX1200i box displays the real time value of power efficiency. But why can't I add it to the right panel view of graphs ?

I've just checked with GPU-Z, the 750 Ti reports a "33%" fan speed but no RPM reading. Maybe a NVIDIA design thing on that board. Same thing with HW Monitor.

As for system fan, AI Suite reports all speeds for motherboard fans but not the CPU one with a reading of 0 rpm. Same behaviour for HW Monitor where it reads system fans RPM.

Also my Corsair Link doesn't read CPU temperatures... It doesn't detect my CPU, the number of cores and it doesn't recognize my motherboard. Look at my empty Link :

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Press the HX1200i box and it should pop up as it does for my AX1500i + AX760i, though I can't find out how to view both at the same time.

BTW I too feel the start-up time is rather slow as it's 20->30 seconds on this system.

You should add you system specs to your profile. Do any utilities show the GTX 750 Ti Fan or motherboard fans (excluding AI Suite)? If so which ones.

Last edited by linxeye; 02-01-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 834425

Update : Corsair Link came to life when I went to BIOS to change the CPU-Fan setting mode to PWM mode rather than the Asus Q-Fan 300 rpm defaut setting. Now I have the RPM of the H100i GTX and a bunch of other readings I have to dig through !

Old 02-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834426

Quote:
Originally Posted by linxeye View Post
Also my Corsair Link doesn't read CPU temperatures... It doesn't detect my CPU, the number of cores and it doesn't recognize my motherboard.
As I said before "You should add you system specs to your profile" so we know what CPU and MB to have.

HWM uses the same CPUID SDK as CL, so is not a good choice. My SIV utility would be a better option, but I am biased .

I too feel the PWM % should be reported.

Quote:
The GT 520 Fan PWM % should be reported as it does not report the RPM

Last edited by red-ray; 02-01-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:56 PM

POST ID # = 834445

Quote:
As I said before "You should add you system specs to your profile" so we know what CPU and MB to have.

HWM uses the same CPUID SDK as CL, so is not a good choice. My SIV utility would be a better option, but I am biased .

I too feel the PWM % should be reported.
You might have missed my update : Corsair Link 4.2 came to life when changing the Asus BIOS setting for the CPU fan header from 'Q-Fan' to PWM. Now I have pratically all reading, including CPU RPM, and chassis fans. My CL interface is much more crowded as I even have the DRAM temp reading. I think I now miss the reading of one chassis fan and a bunch of HDD that are set up for some in RAID. But now Corsair Link seems usable :)

Old 02-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834459
Unhappy CL4 does not support CSMI RAID

Quote:
I think I now miss the reading of one chassis fan and a bunch of HDD that are set up for some in RAID.
Yes and no. I suspect the missing fan is reported via either EC or PM2, but as you decline to specify you MB I can't even guess. CL4 does not support CSMI RAID, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=834144.

Last edited by red-ray; 02-01-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:31 AM

POST ID # = 834526

Motherboard is Asus Rampage V Extreme BIOS 1902. One of the missing fan is the Obsidian 800D HDD fan (not sure if the original fan is three pins ?). (And I have to find how to document my specs ;))

Old 02-02-2016, 09:16 AM
NightStalk3r's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834538
NightStalk3r Reputation: 10

Having a couple of issues with V4

First is the light colour on my H100i wont stick after a reboot, i have to open Link after boot and change to another profile and then back again for the light colour to apply.

Another is that after 5 minutes or so Link will just stop updating all the values temperatures, fan speeds and cpu usage will just freeze and i cant change any settings either, i have to kill the Link process and start it up again to get it working and then give it 5 minutes or so and it freezes again.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Gambit74's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834610
Gambit74 Reputation: 10

V4

Like.
New Home tab is ok.
Like the improved image of the pc cases on Configure tab.
Like that the logger now records the 12v from my RM power supply. (previous version didn't)

Don't like.
Would be nice to expand the boxes on the home tab to see full description.
Nice to hide things on the home tab that are of no interest, for example the second reading for my H100i pump??? (not sure what that's about).
Don't like the way the hexagon backing on the Configure tab blends to the case image. Shocking is the word for it.
Only readings I get on the Configure tab are the temps, no fans, load or the 12v rail.
Don't like the new square bland orange sensors on the Configure tab.

All in all, not a fan and would of continued using the previous version it the logger for the 12v rail had worked.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:02 PM
fszotyi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834613
fszotyi Reputation: 10

Hi. Corsair Link v4.2.0.162, more specifically the process called "CorsairLink4.Service" got a nice interference with a program called qBittorent. If qBitorrent is set to lauch at startup corsair link service would not start and the link software would not contain anything (full empyt). I dont know that does it have any issues with other torrent clients or softwares, but neither of the previous versions got any similar issues.
It was a pain though, to check what caused this disfunction... Please if you time supports it check it out dear devs.
P.S: otherwise i pretty like the new UI and its insanely faster int terms of launching the UI vs the prev versions.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:47 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834638
JohnOrion Reputation: 13

Quote:
Motherboard is Asus Rampage V Extreme BIOS 1902. One of the missing fan is the Obsidian 800D HDD fan (not sure if the original fan is three pins ?). (And I have to find how to document my specs ;))
I believe Red-Ray is correct on this. I have a Asus Sabertooth and it has CPU, CPU Aux and Chassis 1 listed in Link but Chassis 2, 3 and 4 are not listed in Link. They are on a separate controller/sensor. Most likely the it is the same for the Rampage the "missing" fan is on a separate controller/sensor so Link will not see or control it. This is why I don't use Link to control my fans. It only lists 3 of the 6 fans, though .. Asus didn't put 6 controllers on the board either .. there is only 3. The CPU and CPU Aux is a glorified splitter and is controlled by one controller. Chassis 1,2 and 3 are another glorified splitter (all controlled by the second controller) and Chassis 4 has its own. So if I used Link to control CPU, CPU AUX and Chassis 1, I would actually be controlling all my fans but Chassis 4

HWiNFO shows it as two different sensors.
CPU, CPU AUX and Chassis 1 are listed under the category ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (ITE IT8721F)
and Chassis 2, 3 and 4 are listed under the category ATI PM2

This is kind of confusing because as I said Chassis 1 2 and 3 are on the same controller (if you increase the speed on Chassis 1 it will increase the speed on 1 2 and 3)

So it would seem that ASUS just distributes the "tach" wires from the fans to different sensors since CPU, CPU AUX are on PWM1, Chassis 1, 2 and 3 are on PWM3 and Chassis 4 is on PWM2 but ITE IT8721F only shows RPM for PWM1 and part of PWM3 and ATI PM2 has PWM 2 and part of PWM3

If you install HWiNFO (free program) you would probably see something similar, your missing fan will probably be under a separate section from the ones you do see in Link.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834652
Arrow The ASUS Rampage V Extreme is EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOrion View Post
I believe Red-Ray is correct on this.
Quote:
I expect the Rampage V Extreme reports the "missing" fan via the EC (Embedded Controller) and if you check http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421 you will see Corsair have been asked to fix this along with all the other EC sensors.
On the ASUS Rampage V Extreme as I said it's EC not PM2. There are also a load of temperature and voltage sensors.

Things would also be much simpler if PC specs were added to profiles before posts were made!

Quote:
Quote:
So it would seem that ASUS just distributes the "tach" wires from the fans to different sensors since CPU, CPU AUX are on PWM1, Chassis 1, 2 and 3 are on PWM3 and Chassis 4 is on PWM2 but ITE IT8721F only shows RPM for PWM1 and part of PWM3 and ATI PM2 has PWM 2 and part of PWM3.
They do this as the ITE IT8721F does not have enough PWM fan controllers.
Attached Images
File Type: png ASUS Rampage V Extreme.png (91.3 KB, 863 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 02-02-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:33 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834655

Quote:
On the ASUS Rampage V Extreme it's EC not PM2. There are also a load of temperature and voltage sensors. Things would be much simpler if PC specs were added to profiles before posts were made!
Yeah, that's why I said its probably like mine.. two different controler/sensors. I did notice that after installing the latest HWiNFO the PM2 now shows all my PSU stuff from corsair ... lol now if only Speedfan would control the PSU fan .. I could get rid of Link all together

Old 02-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834657
Sigh.. The AXi Corsair Link™ USB Dongle is just a pain to talk to

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I said its probably like mine.. two different controler/sensors. I did notice that after installing the latest HWiNFO the PM2 now shows all my PSU stuff from corsair ... lol now if only Speedfan would control the PSU fan .. I could get rid of Link all together
Yes, it's a mess! The AXi Corsair Link™ USB Dongle is just a pain to talk to. I have the HWiNFO C code and for some unknown reason when I do the same in SIV I never get a reply from the dongle. AIDA64 can also talk to the dongle and if you look at https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2715...e-2#entry14740 you will see it also has the odd issue.

When SIV talks via the CLCC it has to do lots of sanity checking and retries. I get a 0.5 % retry rate on my AX1500i and 0.3 % on my AX760i which must be down to dodgy firmware as all three of us need to do much the same and I get the impression the Dongle is even worse. Doing the same to both USB and C-Link attached HXi and RMi the retry rate is 0.0 %, though I have seen to odd couple of retires after 24 hours.

The AX760i reporting -1.0 amps is novel. Every AX760i seems to do this, maybe this is why CL does not report -12 Volts.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Power].png (116.5 KB, 856 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 02-02-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM
JohnOrion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834663

Quote:
The AX760i reporting -1.0 amps is novel. Every AX760i seems to do this, maybe this is why CL does not report -12 Volts.
yeah I did notice that the values didn't match Link's values but then again .. they say that you shouldn't be running them together ... but its nice to see the effort too bad Corsair doesn't seem to be putting forth one

Closed Thread