Corsair Community

Corsair K83 IOS13.4 IPAD Clicking Issue

K83_for_IOS

Hey guys! Problem solved!

New 3.25v Firmware released!

Please update this firmware on ICUE.

Really Thanks to corsair Staffs.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

At first I really sorry about my English skill. please understand me...

I'm using my Corsair k83 for my Ipad Air3 by Bluetooth.

but recently Apple did updates IOS 13.4 and after I can't tap my K83's trackpad...

Cursor is still moving but can't tapping on trackpad even 4 clicking button also doesn't work.

I tried to solve this problem. but couldn't found any solution. (change Ipad's setting, K83's setting, even checking firmware upadte for k83.)

what should I do?? Can Anybody help me please??

Edited by K83_for_IOS
New Information Updated.

Also having the same issues! Can someone from Corsair please look into this? The trackpad works but the tapping of the trackpad and clicking of the buttons is not working, therefore rendering it completely useless because you cannot click or tap on anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just received my K83 and was able to pair the keyboard with an iPad Pro running 13.4.1.

The trackpad worked but there was no click (buttons or using the pad).

I found this page on the corsair site (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/K83-FAQ) that explained how to pair with an iPad (FN and - and + keys all at the same time). Nothing happened, the lights did not light up. Found that i had to update the firmware (3.24) and then that key combination worked.

Unfortunately, what i now get on the iPad is the cursor moving constantly to the bottom right of the screen. I can move it but it is like the calibration is off (i have also calibrated the joystick using the windows software).

I cannot really identify the clicks are working when it does this, however i have seen it selecting parts of the screen so suspect the clicks may be getting through, just no ability to use the cursor now.

To troubleshoot, i have turned off and on again, removed and repaired (which required the FN key process to get it to switch into this "iOS" mode. Unfortunately, it continued to behave as previously described with the cursor moving to the bottom right.

Any tips on what to try next?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Problem solved.thx Corsair.

—————————————

I have same problem with you.

Hope the Corsair can save this problem that k83‘S trackpad couldn’t clicking with the iPadOS 13.4.1:(:

Corsair’s engineer should do something...Making such nice keyboard more useful!!!

Edited by T33h3

• Corsair Employee
K83 was supported mouse cursor on Ipad before 13.3.1

please watch K83's FAQ Quick set up Ipad part.

Please refer to the attached screenshot from the Compatibility chart for the K83 wireless keyboard. As you can see the trackpad is not supported on iPad or iPhone and Finger Gestures are on a per application basis.

k83.thumb.jpg.60d11133c958a383dce5a987f0811f3a.jpg

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/K83-FAQ#

1. please enter this link and select QUICK SETUP & MODES.

2. select Ipad.

3. then you can read this word.

"Apple iPad's running iPadOS 13 or later now feature mouse cursor support which works with the K83's touchpad. To enable the mouse cursor on your iPad first open Settings, then choose Accessibility, Touch, and then turn on AssistiveTouch. Visit http://www.apple.com for details."

until IOS13.3.1 version. we could use 'touch pad' on Ipad.

from IOS13.4.1 version. we can't use 'touch pad' on Ipad.:mad:

Thanks K83_for_IOS. Corsair support were telling me that the trackpad was not supported with IOS. Glad to see you kept an eye on this.

Question for all of you, do you use the two finger scroll gesture? If so, how do you find it? I seem to struggle to get it to work properly every time in safari.

Other than that, the keyboard is working great with IOS.

Try to select many option on ‘trackpad and mouse’, ‘assistivetouch’, ‘point controll’

I trying to many option and still has problem something...

I can use scroll two touch but sometimes it doesn’t work so I have to reboot my keyboard.

And I recomend ‘dont update ios13.5’

It shows new problem something can’t explain...

Now I really dissapointing Apple’s products.

Every updates make me headache.