Corsair Community

Just picked up the New DARK CORE mouse..it's got issues!

Ohnooze

How are you guys doing on battery life? In 2.4Ghz mode, with sleep at 15 min, and power save off, I can't even make it through half a day before it wants me to charge it again. I am not even on the PC the entire time and it and the Dark Core is in sleep mode. How often do you need to charge?

Interesting, I only had mine a few days before going to the G730 but I did not have that problem I don't think. I used mine on only one charge.

Interesting. I fully charged it yesterday afternoon. Used it for about two hours last night and 1 this morning. Shutdown and went off to work this morning. Now at home the battery task bar indicator reads "low" after 3 hours of use. This is a daily thing. Incidentally, the Dark Core does not let my PC go to sleep while plugged in. It will wake it immediately. That is a bit of nuisance, although there may not be a solution.

Interesting. I fully charged it yesterday afternoon. Used it for about two hours last night and 1 this morning. Shutdown and went off to work this morning. Now at home the battery task bar indicator reads "low" after 3 hours of use. This is a daily thing. Incidentally, the Dark Core does not let my PC go to sleep while plugged in. It will wake it immediately. That is a bit of nuisance, although there may not be a solution.

Wow that's terrible as far as play time. 12ish hours would be decent enough imo but not less than that. My current mouse is getting in the mid to high 20s.

It seems a common element in these discussions is either a complete lack of communication from Corsair, or they throw out the usual "update your firmware/re-install etc.". If your hardware/software/drivers are faulty, re-installing them isn't going to do squat - you need to FIX the problem.

It seems a common element in these discussions is either a complete lack of communication from Corsair, or they throw out the usual "update your firmware/re-install etc.". If your hardware/software/drivers are faulty, re-installing them isn't going to do squat - you need to FIX the problem.

It would be nice if Corsair acknowledged the problem that everyone is having. Simple we are working on it would suffice.

It appears I am the only one with really anemic battery life. How is your scroll wheel? I like the general design fine, but mine is bit mushy. Even just casually scrolling down a web page, it is far too easy to activate the mouse wheel click. I have never had a mouse like that before. Am I the only one? I feel like I need to make a decision and right now it is low battery life, wobbly wheel, and inferior tracking.

It appears I am the only one with really anemic battery life. How is your scroll wheel? I like the general design fine, but mine is bit mushy. Even just casually scrolling down a web page, it is far too easy to activate the mouse wheel click. I have never had a mouse like that before. Am I the only one? I feel like I need to make a decision and right now it is low battery life, wobbly wheel, and inferior tracking.

Scroll wheel is fine no issues. Battery life i would roughly say 12-14 hours of use with 15 min sleep mode and rgb on.

Registered just to let it be known that I have issues too. I'll just list them and hopefully a Corsair employee can pass the info along.

1. The CUE software is awful at detecting my device with dongle.

2. Intermittent connection no matter where I place my dongle. Right now I have it in one of my USB ports on my keyboard, and it's working best so far, but still will freeze up (which sucks during FPS).

3. Brightness slider isn't a brightness slider in CUE. It's either on or off which is kind of annoying.

4. I'm stuck on firmware v0.22. I've seen v0.33 exists, but I can't update. I always get a warning saying it failed, and it never takes. Even when I do the steps listed in the blog post. I've tried multiple times. There is a software issue that I can't do anything about here.

Also, my old Logitech had smooth scrolling on everything. It wouldn't look choppy on the screen if you had it set to scroll multiple lines at once. Wonder if that's a software thing they can program into it? Because right now the software is pretty bare bones.

For the first time Link did not detect my Dark Core this morning via 2.4Ghz. Little red flag in the CUE icon in the task bar. I connected and disconnected several times, but that did not make the mouse detectable until I restarted CUE. You may wish to try that instead. Also note, you cannot edit the mouse nor will it be recognizable when using bluetooth.

OP is right. This mouse does have issues. Many of them are related to the buggy cue software which I have battled for way too long. Biggest issue is if I have the dongle plugged in and reboot my computer it will hang. Once I unplug the dongle it boots fine. And of course the stuttering which is just horrible at times. I'm not into beta testing for paid products. The only thing wrong that isn't corsair's fault is the mouse it too big for me. I can't even reach the forward button with my thumb. I can barely reach the sniper button. This thing is going back to Amazon.

Just got the Dark Core RGB, and cannot successfully update the firmware. It gets to 47%, then stalls, then reports a failure. Attempted this many times, even redid the pairing with the 2.4GHz dongle.

Update: apparently the updater fails when connected via USB3.0. :palmface: Which is a problem with my laptop, as it only has 3.0 ports. Used an old one to do the updates, and despite it reporting a failed update, it did apply it. (When plugged into my current laptop, it report fw 0.33)

Edited by Apophis3

different mousepads tested firmware flashed and a few times already forced to reflash, as well on different computers. and the sensor is clean. this happens not in regular. some times the mouse is working for 1-2 hours without this bug and some times it happens up to 20 times in an hour.

and the cursor jumps very far. some times over the whole monitor

Edited by Tristn

nope i gave it back to the seller.

and will maybe wait till its a proper mouse. caus that was just the main issue with it and here in germany you can´t by it anymore atm.

and till cue is fixed ore at least some kind of stable there is no reason to struggle around with this product anymore.

I dont pay 100 euro for early alpha testing hardware.

• 3 months later...

As a previous person stated, using USB 2.0 ports fixes the whole Firmware wont update. Needless to say this issue has been here a long time. I just got this mouse 6/19/2018 and fought this till I found that suggestion. I'd never have thought a modern mouse couldn't handle USB2.0 for updating.

I had the same issue others posted, where trying to update firmware it would start maybe toggle 1% 0% 1% a few times then lose its connection to the crappy CUE software. Restart and it would say firmware required.

Mine further also sometimes stated firmware was current then later say firmware update required. After switching to USB 2.0 ports it updated in 60 seconds and immediately a few things were different.

I created an account just to post this to hopefully help others in this sea of silence from corsair... I am already reconsidering my headphone, keyboard and two mouse purchases. This software has sucked for the two years I've been trapped in it, and this level of failure to communicate such a stupid limit is horrendous. Corsair won't be my first thought next time i'm looking at peripherals which is sad, I like much of what they are doing but its all tied to this crapware which crashes constantly and doesn't consistently talk to their hardware.

Goodluck guys. I know how frustrating it is.

• 1 year later...
Just to follow up, once you update from 0.22 firmware vis USB2 to .33 or newer, USB3 will work. (At least it did for me)

A year and a half later and guess what, I'm here with the same exact issue you guys are describing here.

The mouse will work for like 30 seconds, then disconnects. I've also got the Hydro X Detected popup in icue, which I originally thought was it so I started rewiring my Commander Pro to try to get it chained in a way that I could actually choose in icue to make it go away.

I honestly hate icue more than anything. I have since day one. I want full LINK support back. It seems that right as they got LINK acceptable, they dumped it to this even worse buggy garbage that they're obviously not supporting properly.

Literlly EVERY item in my icue dashboard has a problem, EVERY one. My Commander Pro SUCKS at setting up fan profiles, monitoring temps, literally anything. My HX750I, don't even get me started. I think my Void Pro might actually be okay.

And now this. Another thing I've spent 5 hours trying to get work. I should have just stuck with Logitech, I don't have to plug that adapter in some special 10 year old port, in Safe mode, while holding left shift during boot to get to wor.... FK this.

It's been demonstrated a lot of issues stem from upgrading iCUE, which will import your profiles and update to some newer format, and break schiit. First thing I would do is kill off your existing profiles and make new ones. And make backups, in case you want to roll back.