The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-01-2017, 01:43 PM
red-ray red-ray is offline
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: England (GMT+1)
Posts: 7,152
POST ID # = 901513
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default

On the CL4 [Home] tab click on the H110i Fan #1
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,230
POST ID # = 901515
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

I thought it was as simple as left or right clicking the fan speed reading on the HOME page, however I am not using it right now.

Last edited by c-attack; 05-01-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Jaan_Doh Jaan_Doh is offline
Registered User
Jaan_Doh's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 901549
Jaan_Doh Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
On the CL4 [Home] tab click on the H110i Fan #1
Thank You.
When I clicked on the #1 Fan Icon a window popped up with 2 tabs on it but I could not see fan curve anywhere.

Incidentally I have not changed any settings,
They are the same as default whatever default is/was.


Thank You

PS
I think one of the items from the left column on the HOME panel
has disappeared and now it is in the second column
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair6.jpg (92.1 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Corsair7.jpg (31.1 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpg Corsair8.jpg (21.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Corsair9.jpg (118.7 KB, 105 views)
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:18 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,230
POST ID # = 901554
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

OK, I think we've found the problem. In Corsair 7 below, you have linked the fan speed to the motherboard temp sensor (#1) -- whatever that is. That variable may work for fan control, but the included curves were designed for coolant temperature (H110i Group). If you change that setting back to H110i Group, it will return to coolant based fan speeds and settle down.



You can use other variables to control the fan speed, but I would recommend you start with H110i Temp. The purpose of the fans is to help remove heat from the water stream and the fan speed only affects coolant temperature. That is a slow to change, small range variable. Be aware it will change with room temperature. If it gets rather warm, say 30C, you will likely come close to the top of the fan curve and the 40C=100% fan maximum. There is no reason to blast the fans this way, if the temp increase is caused by room temperature. In those circumstances you would want to make your own custom curve. For now with rather low coolant temps, you can put the fans on quiet mode linked to H110i Temp and forget about them.

Last edited by c-attack; 05-01-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:20 PM
red-ray red-ray is offline
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: England (GMT+1)
Posts: 7,152
POST ID # = 901556
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Change the Group from MB Temp #1 to H110i Temp.

Quote:
Change the Group from MB Temp #1 to H110i Temp. Do the same for H110i Fan #2.

To set a Custom Curve change the Mode to Custom
Reply With Quote


  #21  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Jaan_Doh Jaan_Doh is offline
Registered User
Jaan_Doh's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 901566
Jaan_Doh Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
OK, I think we've found the problem. In Corsair 7 below, you have linked the fan speed to the motherboard temp sensor (#1) -- whatever that is. That variable may work for fan control, but the included curves were designed for coolant temperature (H110i Group). If you change that setting back to H110i Group, it will return to coolant based fan speeds and settle down.



You can use other variables to control the fan speed, but I would recommend you start with H110i Temp. The purpose of the fans is to help remove heat from the water stream and the fan speed only affects coolant temperature. That is a slow to change, small range variable. Be aware it will change with room temperature. If it gets rather warm, say 30C, you will likely come close to the top of the fan curve and the 40C=100% fan maximum. There is no reason to blast the fans this way, if the temp increase is caused by room temperature. In those circumstances you would want to make your own custom curve. For now with rather low coolant temps, you can put the fans on quiet mode linked to H110i Temp and forget about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Change the Group from MB Temp #1 to H110i Temp. Do the same for H110i Fan #2.

To set a Custom Curve change the Mode to Custom


Thank You
That's a very good start...
Straight away I can see the fans have slowed down,
And even the sound has changed a little...
My System is on top of the desk and the monitor next to it.
So maybe that would also explain why it sounded loud the other day.
I think also the profile may have been on "Balanced" and now it is on "Quiet"

I've attached a screen grab of the change to the fan speed


UPDATE
======
After around 20 minutes or half hour of gaming the sound did not go up so I think the problem is resolved.
Thank you VERY MUCH to both of you red-ray & c-attack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair11.jpg (31.9 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by Jaan_Doh; 05-01-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added update after changing settings
Reply With Quote


  #22  
Old 05-02-2017, 08:12 AM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,230
POST ID # = 901617
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Now that you understand where the curve control is located, you can also make a curve that fits your needs. The Quiet profile should work very well for you right now, but when seasons change, things often need a little tweaking. You don't need very much fan speed with a H110i. You should be able to keep them under 900 rpm for anything but long duration, high CPU usage programs, rendering, etc.
Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 05-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Jaan_Doh Jaan_Doh is offline
Registered User
Jaan_Doh's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 901648
Jaan_Doh Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Now that you understand where the curve control is located, you can also make a curve that fits your needs. The Quiet profile should work very well for you right now, but when seasons change, things often need a little tweaking. You don't need very much fan speed with a H110i. You should be able to keep them under 900 rpm for anything but long duration, high CPU usage programs, rendering, etc.
I never did find the fan curve.
I think I need to create a new profile and then I can see it?
I googled for it too (yesterday)
but could not find a "de-facto" method or instructions on how to get to it...

Thank You
Reply With Quote


  #24  
Old 05-02-2017, 03:31 PM
red-ray red-ray is offline
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: England (GMT+1)
Posts: 7,152
POST ID # = 901649
red-ray Reputation: 81
Confused To set a Custom Curve change the Mode to Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
To set a Custom Curve change the Mode to Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan_Doh View Post
I never did find the fan curve.
Attached Images
File Type: png Set the Mode to Custom as a specified.png (17.3 KB, 208 views)
Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 05-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Jaan_Doh Jaan_Doh is offline
Registered User
Jaan_Doh's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 21
POST ID # = 901657
Jaan_Doh Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Thank You Guys

:D

MUCH APPRECIATION
(Insert Thumbs-Up smiley here)
Reply With Quote


  #26  
Old 05-02-2017, 04:59 PM
red-ray red-ray is offline
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: England (GMT+1)
Posts: 7,152
POST ID # = 901660
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sad I can't find a Thumbs-Up smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan_Doh View Post
MUCH APPRECIATION
Will do?
Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
cooler, h110i, help!, noisy, siv

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.