Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent and IOGear GUS432

N_B

Is anyone using the IOGear GUS432 USB switch with a Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent keyboard to share with 2 PCs? Any issues with the PCs recognizing the keyboard through the switch and also using the CUE software? I can't get a straight answer from IOGear as to if it will work OK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y3CTEG2/

I have an IOGear DisplayPort KVM (IOGEAR 2-Port DisplayPort KVM, GCS62DP) and the keyboard does not work with it. I think maybe because it's USB 2.0. Not sure. So that is why I'm looking to get this USB 3.0 switch.

Thanks a bunch!

I think you misunderstood me. The USB 2.0 device that it didn't work on was a KVM switch and I've read that there are issues with KVM switches and gaming keyboards. So now I'm planning on just using a simple USB 3.0 switch. Not a KVM. So I wanted to know if anyone had experience with this particular USB IOGear switch.

Ohhhh ok, right. Well looking at the device it should work. In theory it's just a glorified USB hub with a button to switch outputs.

However since its not powered by anything but the USB 3.0 connections, power draw might be an issue if you have a ton of high power devices filling the 4 ports. Oh and data loss. Make sure it has a good enough controller where it wont drop packets.

It actually also has a micro USB port that can be used for extra power

Connectors

Computer Side: USB 3.0 Type B x 2

USB: USB 3.0 Type A x 4

Power: USB Type Micro B (optional)

Thanks for your help. I think I might try it out. I know there are cheaper options but I really need the remote switch so I can keep the device under my desk with all the cables out of the way.

Archived