Corsair Community

Microphone test on the Corsair H2100 7.1

Doge

Hi, i just got the Corsair H2100 7.1 Dolby Gaming Headset less than 12 hours ago. While on skype with few friends, they had very hard time hearing me and told me i was very quiet and sounded as if i was gagged. I tried changing some settings and recorded numerous samples of myself taking to try get the best possible microphone recording but nothing worked. I noticed i sounded very quiet and muffled, i compared my own recordings to those mic tests on youtube and indeed was very different. I used my old headset Steelseries siberia v2 to see if it was my computer's problem but that worked fine.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

i have not had a problem with my microphone i think it is the best one i have seen on a gaming headset IMO, maybe have a look at this link http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149607, this may help you as it helped me :) be sure to install latest CUE software, we have been given a BETA release 1.11x.. be sure to set mic up in there and windows if you prefer..

Hi, i just got the Corsair H2100 7.1 Dolby Gaming Headset less than 12 hours ago. While on skype with few friends, they had very hard time hearing me and told me i was very quiet and sounded as if i was gagged. I tried changing some settings and recorded numerous samples of myself taking to try get the best possible microphone recording but nothing worked. I noticed i sounded very quiet and muffled, i compared my own recordings to those mic tests on youtube and indeed was very different. I used my old headset Steelseries siberia v2 to see if it was my computer's problem but that worked fine.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Hey Doge,

If you haven't already, you can download the software for the H2100 (v2.0.37) at http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads. In there you should be able to adjust the volume levels. If that doesn't work, you can go into your windows sound options, and under recording devices>properties>levels you can adjust the headset microphone level.

Let me know if that helps.

Archived