Corsair Community

H60 turning off!

saggat

I bought this a while a go, first i had the stock cooler, which it worked pretty hot when on full load (49~54c) and turned off my pc.

3 months ago i bought corsair h60 water cooling system, which was working grat, 36c on idle and 46 on full load.

But now i dont know what's going on, sometimes after 9~10hours it starts overheating a LOT. Like if the radiator or something was off for some minutes. After 4m of my pc on almost 90c (yeah, i dont know why it dosnt turn off.. may be sensor problem?)

it goes back, and i see the airflow way hotter.

Now, when i start my pc, i see "CPU fan error" and the RPM of the CPU fan in red (90~300rpm) which is awfull.

I tried appliying new thermal paste,cleaning the fans (which have the push push config)

My question is, what is wrong? Everything is set up right, im pretty sure its defective.. :(:

How are you supplying power to the pump? Is it connected to a mother board fan header? If so, are you sure that your boards fan speed control is not lowering the voltage on that fan header?

You could try using a molex to three pin fan adapter, connected to your power supply, which will supply the pump with a full 12V without any chance of the voltage being reduced to the pump.

Where is your H60 fan connected? It's a PWM fan and should be connected to the mother boards CPU Fan header. We need to know how your H60's pump and fans are connected.

How are you supplying power to the pump? Is it connected to a mother board fan header? If so, are you sure that your boards fan speed control is not lowering the voltage on that fan header?

You could try using a molex to three pin fan adapter, connected to your power supply, which will supply the pump with a full 12V without any chance of the voltage being reduced to the pump.

Where is your H60 fan connected? It's a PWM fan and should be connected to the mother boards CPU Fan header. We need to know how your H60's pump and fans are connected.

It is connected to the motherboard CPU fan header, and the mobo is working correctly since im using now a air cooling system.

There is no such thing in my motherboard as power control for the cpu fan, the pump goes crazy even if i reset everything in the BIOS to default.

I already opened a case about this, but i cant find the corsair SN number, where its supossed to be? and also, where is the lot code?

Hi Saggert,

If you have already started the RMA process, (since you have a case number, you already have) you will receive further instructions in an email. Be sure to check your SPAM filters . They end up there sometimes.

Also, Corsair is closed on the weekends , so you probably will not hear anything till Monday.

You could possibly speed things up by calling the toll free line on Monday and speak to a representative. Unfortunately the RMA department does not monitor or respond to the forums. This is tech support only.

If you are overseas, you can always use SKYPE to make the call for nothing!

I hope this helps some :)

I already opened a case about this, but i cant find the corsair SN number, where its supossed to be? and also, where is the lot code?

They should both be on the box with the bar code.

Saggat - I've looked into your case and we have advised you to proceed with the RMA process. Please check your e-mail

There is nothing in my mail...

Thanks for your help~!

Nevermind, anyway. i cant found the sn..

but i can provide pictures of the box, and the barcode

We would only require the lot code for coolers, it should be on the radiator.

An e-mail was sent to you on the 25th, with all the instruction on how to proceed

Seems obvious to me he didn't get the email so would it hurt to re-send it?

Jim W

Seems obvious to me he didn't get the email so would it hurt to re-send it?

Jim W

OTOH perhaps he isn't responding because he did get it, just after his last post, or he saw it in spam, or perhaps they did re-send it, or perhaps he called them.

OTOH perhaps he isn't responding because he did get it, just after his last post, or he saw it in spam, or perhaps they did re-send it, or perhaps he called them.

He updated his post yesterday to remove his email address. No mention of receiving the email so we can only go on what's there. If you know it's all sorted great a result, but referring to an email dated 25th when he already said; he hadn't got it wasn't really a solution was it? It might have gone in to his spam folder and he missed it but it wouldn't have hurt to just send him the email again.

Jinker

He updated his post yesterday to remove his email address. No mention of receiving the email so we can only go on what's there.
No, I did :)

Last edited by Wired; Yesterday at 02:50 AM. Reason: removed emaill address

The point is, he last posted on the 25th. We don't know when Corsair sent the email, but one could theorize it was after he had posted. Either way, it's up to him to say if he was or was not able to contact support.

Archived