Corsair Community

/ Strafe RGB without CUE

hey00

Hello,

Before buying a keyboard, I come in search of information I couldn't find through my usual lurking.

I'm interested in either the K70 Lux RGB or the Strafe RGB, but as a linux user, I won't be able to use CUE. I can use it once in a while to configure teh keyboard, but during normal use, I won't.

The question is thus: what can I do with those keyboard without CUE? Apparently, from what I read, they seem have more internal memory than the classic K70 RGB and can store profiles, but I can't find more info than that.

According to this thread, the classic K70 RGB can be set to display a static color without CUE after saving it once to memory.

Can the LUX and Strafe do more like:

- Have different static zones (WASD in red, rest in green or off, for example)?

- Save several static profiles and change between them?

- Have lightning effects?

- Have several effects saved and be able to switch between them?

- Anything else?

Thanks in advance for any information.

1) Yes, you can have different static zones

2) No, you can only save 1 profile on the onboard memory. For more profiles you need CEMU running in background. The K95 Platinum does support storing 3 different hardware profiles on the onboard memory instead.

3) Yes, as long as CUE is running in background (K95P does support some effects without CUE running however since it supports 3 hardware profiles - see also #2 above)

4) No, not with the K70 LUX or the Strafe. Again the K95P does allow that instead.

Trying to sell me the expensive one, eh?

Joke aside, thanks for the answer, it's sad though. It seems more and more peripherals nowadays rely entirely on their own piece of software. Corsair, Cooler Master, Logitech, even Ducky made a custom software for their Shine 6...

Guess I'll need to check if the free driver is reliable.

Trying to sell me the expensive one, eh?

Joke aside, thanks for the answer, it's sad though. It seems more and more peripherals nowadays rely entirely on their own piece of software. Corsair, Cooler Master, Logitech, even Ducky made a custom software for their Shine 6...

Guess I'll need to check if the free driver is reliable.

Yeah, lots of peoples complained about not having hardware support for macros/effects. So they released the K95 Platinum. Maybe they'll do the same for the K70 in the future? No idea.

Archived