Corsair Community

H80 going fast then slow?

3eightynine

Hi guys,

I've had my H80 for a couple months now and everything was great until a couple days ago. The fan would spin really fast for 10-11 seconds, slow down for 3 seconds and then spin fast for 10-11 seconds continuously. I've tried resetting the firmware but it didn't work.

Is this a known problem? What are the solutions? I'm using the stock fans that came with the unit.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

To reset the firmware, use the following procedure:

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds

2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run

3. Shut down your computer

4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.

If it doesn't change anything. Submit an RMA

Hi RMA guy,

I did as instructed and the problem persists. I have sent an RMA request already and will get the product out to you. I live in Canada and called in with some inquiries. I was very pleased to find out that the CSR offered a prepaid shipping label. This is great as sending the unit would've cost me over 30$.

Thank you so much and I look forward to purchasing more of your products! If you had the 600T in cobalt blue I'd buy it in a second!

I have the same problem. The fans run at low setting for 4 seconds then at high for 10 seconds in a constantly repeating loop.

I tried the profile/self-test routines to no avail. This problem appeared immediately after having had to restore my PC from a backup.

Especially annoying as this is my THIRD H80. The first was D.O.A. and returned, the second lasted 7 weeks before this same problem occurred and was replaced by RMA, and this time it lasted about 4 months.

I have just about had it with Corsair Coolers, though I am more than pleased with their other products. The RMA I had took 6 weeks to be replaced, and even then I had to ask Amazon to contact them on my behalf to get them moving.

So I am understandably annoyed that this excellant cooler (when working) has gone wrong again. With the same problem.

I did the profile thing advised, and the 3 setting-lights blinked showing a test in progress, however when they stopped the lights for the medium and high settings stayed on while the low setting switched off aand the man-shaped indicator stayed blinking.

Is this yet another RMA in progress or can it be fixed? If it is an RMA then I will go through Amazon, get a refund and regretfully search for an alternative cooler. Maybe a Kuhler 920.

p.s. I want a water cooler because when under load my CPU runs at 5ghz and I have not found any Air cooler that will handle it.

Advice? Suggestions?

Archived