Corsair Community

AX 860i Self test failure.

iWingers

I came downstairs on the 25th after having my new PC up and running for a week to find my self test light on the AX 860i to be red, and the system turned off (not as I left it)

I tried rebooting but got an Asus Anti Surge warning and then shut off. Self test failed for me, just got a clicking noise, I then left it for a week as I have been busy with Christmas/NYE.

Recently got a friend over to help diagnose the issue before setting up an RMA, and we found everything to be in working order. But as of today, it has shut off twice while playing BF3 and I again, get a red light and system turning off/attempting to reboot.

Anybody else with these problems?

The first time, no. The second time it wasn't connected to anything and tested fine, ran an with green light.

I drop out while playing BF3 (as that's all I'm using to replicate the fault) after about 5 minutes. Still trying to figure out if it's a power issue or a mobo issue.

EDIT: I should add, that the self test light turns red after it shuts itself off and I have to manually turn it on/off at the PSU before it'll let me reboot.

I have probably the same problem and it occurs when the computer goes into sleep mode. It does not turn off even if I play BF3 for many hours, but when I stop playing and the machine goes into sleep mode from the desktop then turn off and the power supply turns on the red light. When i take the power cord off from the power supply for a while then the computer starts normally again. !?

• Corsair Employee

Jusiz1,

That could be a MB problem from what you described can you test your system with another PSU?

iWingers, that may or may not mean anything.

I will have our Engineering look at this thread before we do anything...

About 1 month ago i bought this new PSU and second graphics card and i chance the processor to new fx-8350. All other parts are less than a year old and works fine with old 600w PSU. The only change is that the windows are reinstalled with the latest system drivers and motherboard have new bios.

Now it goes worse. Now it shut off when i browsing this site. It shut off many times in bios when i tried it back on. Then i take power cord off and let be about 15 minutes. Now it boot back to windows and works fine for some time!? I build many computer about 10 years but i never seen this kind of failure.!?

Yesterday I did not get my computer started so I made it a self test. I removed all the wires from the power supply and then I did it. everything is OK, the fan goes on and the green light is lit up. i put all together and computer boot normally. Then i put Fan manually at 50% in the corsair link program and now my computer has been power on almost two days. Can it be some thermal problem or what? I measured idle and load wattage and it been 150w to 550W and before i chance fan setting ax860i temperature is about 35C. now it is about 25-28C.

Archived