Corsair Community

Corsair Link always starts maximized on boot

Imprezzion

For some reason unknown to me my Corsair Link has started to open maximized every single time I boot or reboot my PC.

I have already reinstalled the latest version and it works fine other than that. Start on windows boot is enabled.

I need to use Link to keep my H115i/H110i GTX pump on Performance mode and the LED on blue.

So, can I somehow just make it start to system tray or doesn't it need to be loaded every boot to apply the pump speed and LED color?

Same issue here.

Seems they removed the option to minimize on launch - not sure why, but it's annoying.

I tried creating a new basic scheduled task and before the path to the exe for Corsair Link, type start/ min

This doesn't work for this program so it would seem that Corsair will need to help us here, even though it would seem they have gone out of their way to be difficult.

Same issue here.

Seems they removed the option to minimize on launch - not sure why, but it's annoying.

I tried creating a new basic scheduled task and before the path to the exe for Corsair Link, type start/ min

This doesn't work for this program so it would seem that Corsair will need to help us here, even though it would seem they have gone out of their way to be difficult.

Look on this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172386

drminer has a workaround using a scheduled task.

And, considering Corsair Dustin's response when this was first reported (he seemed surprised), I don't think it was intentional.

Thanks Biker....

I'd like to believe that the response was genuine, however it's often a classic response to pretend unawareness of an action when that individual is under duress and trying to buy time.

It just seems rather strange that during general app maintenance/enhancements that a major [to some it's important to NOT have their desktops cluttered with what are essentially background processes, albeit given a pretty interface] feature be removed both from the code and/or the UI - both in this case.

Usually something like this is quite intentional and requires work to cognizantly remove, don't you think?

If it was simply that the application no longer minimized to tray , then I'd be more agreeable with the dev's response, but the entire option to minimize is just....gone.

I'm betting it's intentional because there was a problem with the new version and they figured it was more important to update the changes at the expense of the minimize to tray option.

In the end it is what it is, and hopefully they will resolve it quickly. Personally, I find it a hassle to 'click' more than I have to and time wasted is simply that. Depending on your usage of that PC quite subjective.

Archived