Corsair Community

M90 Dead. How do I prevent it?

mamod

Hi. I bought an M90 about 6 months ago. It lasted about 1 month then died. So I got an RMA and got a new one. Then happen twice more, and I not have my 4th M90. I have not yet opened it as I want to try to find a preventative, so the M90 will not die again.

When my M90 dies in the past it it was like the mouse was not even there when I plugged in to my computer. Not even device manager could find it , or anything being plugged it. To me this seems like a complete break down in the power delivery in the mouse its self. I think this could be due to my old computer.

I was wondering it putting the M90 through a externally powers USB hub might prevent this problem from occurring again.

Please can I have your thoughts on the matter!

• Corsair Employee
If you were successfully able to update the mouse to the latest version we have available, it should not be bricking anymore as we have resolved the issue. There may be an issue with your USB that a hub may not solve. Have you shorted any other USB device through the same port?

• 4 months later...

Same here, just asked for RMA because the mouse is died 2 times.

Now, Corsair, be honest, this mouse is a failure, and how you can ask customers who paid for the mouse to try fix it, we are not your technician. I been always happy with Corsair stuff, but this time i can't accept all that, if the RMA will be refused no problem, i'll buy another brand and throw this mouse in the garbage, the right place for it, i have no time to waste for a job that Corsair must do.

Bye

PS

Don't get me wrong, the mouse is really well built in terms of hardware, probably the best i owned, but the issues with software/firmware are really bad...

• Corsair Employee
Same here, just asked for RMA because the mouse is died 2 times.

Now, Corsair, be honest, this mouse is a failure, and how you can ask customers who paid for the mouse to try fix it, we are not your technician. I been always happy with Corsair stuff, but this time i can't accept all that, if the RMA will be refused no problem, i'll buy another brand and throw this mouse in the garbage, the right place for it, i have no time to waste for a job that Corsair must do.

Bye

PS

Don't get me wrong, the mouse is really well built in terms of hardware, probably the best i owned, but the issues with software/firmware are really bad...

We hardly ever refuse RMA's for defects unless there was physical damage, purchased from an unauthorized reseller (ebay for example), or unauthorized repair. Put in a RMA ticket and let me know your case number. We don't ask anyone to "fix" it. We only ask to ensure they are 1.) installing it correctly 2.) verifying it is not a system issue that causes the problem. In most cases, when we check the product after receiving it from a RMA, there was no problem with the device.

Thx for your reply, when i get the mouse (30/11/2012) i have downloaded the latest retail driver/firmware, it worked some days then the cursor stopped working, only the wheel was still working, so i loaded this firmware 110211v108.zip and it worked again, some days later (18/12/2012) when i powered up the system the mouse was looking died, i tryed some hints found on the forum, but nothing, it is still died. I opened an RMA via Corsair website, but you can ignore / delete it since it will be done by the reseller where i bought the mouse.

So when i get the new one delivered, wich is a safe software/firmware to load on it? 2.12beta?

Thx in advance

• Corsair Employee
Thx for your reply, when i get the mouse (30/11/2012) i have downloaded the latest retail driver/firmware, it worked some days then the cursor stopped working, only the wheel was still working, so i loaded this firmware 110211v108.zip and it worked again, some days later (18/12/2012) when i powered up the system the mouse was looking died, i tryed some hints found on the forum, but nothing, it is still died. I opened an RMA via Corsair website, but you can ignore / delete it since it will be done by the reseller where i bought the mouse.

So when i get the new one delivered, wich is a safe software/firmware to load on it? 2.12beta?

Thx in advance

You don't want to use 2.12 beta (it's pretty old). You'll want to use the latest one on the product page.

• Corsair Employee
Ok, if the reseller RMA goes well and i get the new one, i will install the latest official software/firmware, then i hope to see no more serious problmes, because i will still belive in Corsair brand.

Thanks.

If they won't do it for you Raver, let me know. I'll take care of it for you.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived