Corsair Community

Specific key press = Lights up other keys?

Hey guys, sorry, first time poster,

I've been messing with my K95 for a little over two weeks, I feel that I have the hang of it but I am missing something. No matter how many guides I read, I can't figure this out.

Say for example, I want to press ESC (and only ESC) and it lights up the whole keyboard for a brief moment before returning to normal. This is supposed to be possible, right? I've seen videos of people do pretty specific things with the CUE.

I've tried messing with groups, reactive presses, assigning new lighting to single keys, but I can't get the ESC to light up the whole keyboard if I press it. Only ESC lights up. To be clear, I want ESC to light up the keyboard but no other key should do it.

Care to give any tips?

Well, first you need to realize that CUE is lacking big time. I mean it doesn't even have layers, cmon...

Second, we discussed how to do something similiar with CUE in this Thread and this is the best we came up with. Just instead of a ripple, you'd use a gradient or solid. Incredibly complicated for such a simple effect.

Layers? If you mean you can't layer effects your wrong just asking a key to multiple groups.

Also if CUE isn't lacking it's the most powerful software out right now for a Led back lit keyboard, and with power comes bugs.

Layers? If you mean you can't layer effects your wrong just asking a key to multiple groups.

Also if CUE isn't lacking it's the most powerful software out right now for a Led back lit keyboard, and with power comes bugs.

No, I mean layers like those in an Image or video editor. Being able to determine what is shown on top of what. With the priority system and groups alone you can't play a group lighting on top of a single key lighting. With layers that would be possible. The group system is also very clunky and unclear. You can't even resize the window or even the width of the columns in the Actions and Lighting tab.

It might be powerful, but there is still so much potential left unused. I mean why can't you control the lighting of other keys with for example your backspace? Why can't you create a ripple originating from the Q-key that is triggered when you press the M-key? Why can't you create such a simple effect like a ripple over the entire board originating from only one specific key when said key is pressed (and only when that key is pressed unlike reactive typing)?

Archived