Corsair Community

H100i not showing in LINK **REGEDIT fix not working**

ryanjohnlawlor

Hi All, New to the forums but in desperate need of guidance!!

I have installed Corsair's H100i into my build which is running Windows 8.1 Pro with Corsair LINK v2_6_5214 and I can not, for the life of me, get the device to show itself in Link after a reboot.

I have had several instances where after unplugging and replugging the Corsair Link cable it has shown up in LINK - but even though I have made the changes to my registry in the necessary places the H100i still refuses to automatically appear in LINK after rebooting.

Anybody else had this issue where the REGEDIT seems to have zero effect?

Happy to provide any other details about my situation/system if they are needed!

Cheers all!

Ryan

• Corsair Employee

Try the following:

1. Connect the Link cable to a different USB 2.0 header

2. Connect the H100i to an external USB port using a mini USB cable

3. Uninstall 2.6, delete the hidden profiles folder, and install 2.5

I personally do not recommend changing any settings in the registry as it might cause more issues. If you didn't back up before changing your registry, you should run CCleaner.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here - I was prompted to update to "version 1.07" this morning, rebooted, and the fans were running at max speed with the corsair symbol lighting up bright red.

I tried everything over the last few hours and have not been able to fix this issue. I tried the registry trick, I switched headers on the motherboard, I tried re-routing the USB mini connection to a USB port on the motherboard instead of a header - nothing. I even tried downgrading to the last 3 versions of corsair link (and the betas), all while deleting the hidden information every time, running CCleaner, etc., etc.

Nothing works :brick:

Because I don't feel like returning this, as it actually does keep the CPU rather cool, I have opted to simply connect the fans to the Motherboard headers at this time, rather than the pump itself, and run them off the bios settings, which seems to work.

Hopefully Corsair gets their act together on this - suggesting users download a firmware update that is obviously flawed was a bad move on their part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Same issue here - I was prompted to update to "version 1.07" this morning, rebooted, and the fans were running at max speed with the corsair symbol lighting up bright red.

I tried everything over the last few hours and have not been able to fix this issue. I tried the registry trick, I switched headers on the motherboard, I tried re-routing the USB mini connection to a USB port on the motherboard instead of a header - nothing. I even tried downgrading to the last 3 versions of corsair link (and the betas), all while deleting the hidden information every time, running CCleaner, etc., etc.

Nothing works :brick:

Because I don't feel like returning this, as it actually does keep the CPU rather cool, I have opted to simply connect the fans to the Motherboard headers at this time, rather than the pump itself, and run them off the bios settings, which seems to work.

Hopefully Corsair gets their act together on this - suggesting users download a firmware update that is obviously flawed was a bad move on their part.

Have you since tried anything else or are you still running the fans off the mobo? I'm in the exact same boat as you although I've not managed to get the H100i to display in Clink ever but it is working to pump and cool the CPU. I just can't control the fans in anyway so the "i" is totally irrelevant.

I had the same situation on a Z97 build and am also running fans from BIOS via mobo headers.

After jumping through all of the 'try all the loads' nonsense plus different headers, still getting erratic and inconsistent behavior at best, I uninstalled CorsairLink.

The final straw was watching the resources being used by CL. Unbelievably inefficient s/w with schizophrenic behavior, on a good day.

I used CL to install the f/w, uninstalled it removing any remnant of it, and haven't looked back. My rig stays plenty cool with AIDA64 tests never getting above the 60s depending on ambient temps. I'm only running at a constant 4.5 Ghz w/o turbo-boost but it's more than quick enough for me and I'm factoring in longevity over a few percent more OC.

This is with an H80i. I have an H100i that I will install at some point but my use of CL will remain as above, that is to install f/w and then jettison CL.

I realize this is of no help at all, sorry for hopping onto your thread w/o offering a solution. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Good luck and perhaps you'll get it working to your satisfaction. It would seem some 'might' have done exactly that but the resource load still makes CL more of a parasite than a value added s/w from my vantage point.

FWIW

Best Regards,

OldSchooler ... Out

I had the same situation on a Z97 build and am also running fans from BIOS via mobo headers.

After jumping through all of the 'try all the loads' nonsense plus different headers, still getting erratic and inconsistent behavior at best, I uninstalled CorsairLink.

The final straw was watching the resources being used by CL. Unbelievably inefficient s/w with schizophrenic behavior, on a good day.

I used CL to install the f/w, uninstalled it removing any remnant of it, and haven't looked back. My rig stays plenty cool with AIDA64 tests never getting above the 60s depending on ambient temps. I'm only running at a constant 4.5 Ghz w/o turbo-boost but it's more than quick enough for me and I'm factoring in longevity over a few percent more OC.

This is with an H80i. I have an H100i that I will install at some point but my use of CL will remain as above, that is to install f/w and then jettison CL.

I realize this is of no help at all, sorry for hopping onto your thread w/o offering a solution. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Good luck and perhaps you'll get it working to your satisfaction. It would seem some 'might' have done exactly that but the resource load still makes CL more of a parasite than a value added s/w from my vantage point.

FWIW

Best Regards,

OldSchooler ... Out

Yeh cool I'm probably going to be following that route although I've not even been able to get the H100i to be recognised by windows to be even able to install or check the Firmware levels.

Essentially I've bought an H100 minus the "i". It seems to be doing a great job cooling the CPU but I still feel gipped.

Archived