The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2017, 05:46 AM
typ457's PC Specs

POST ID # = 910738
typ457 Reputation: 10

I am up to date on my windows, but im still having this issue, has anyone resolved this?

Old 07-08-2017, 11:39 AM

POST ID # = 910766
Advozek Reputation: 10
Angry Cue update not working

After updating to CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.15.83, the app detects randomly the keyboard and it says that a firmware update is requiered for the keyboard, as far as I know, the firmware was updated when I plugged the keyboard to my computer. I re installed the app and it went worst, the keyboard was unresponsive and erratic, i opted to completely unistall the CUE.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:57 AM

POST ID # = 910841
psyko74 Reputation: 10

Hello there,

Received my K55 few days ago and facing the issue... My windows 10 is up to date as my CUE version.
When CUE open, it doesn't stop disconnecting/connecting .. very disturbing cause at this time, you can't configure / use it. On CUE, keyboard disapear, and appear again saying it's a K95 and disapear again and reapear with K55 ....

When CUE is stopped, it's fine !

So please fix it ... I'll wait few days before returning it .

PsyKo

Old 07-10-2017, 05:21 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911029
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Please continue to file a ticket with our tech support so we can get these units back and do an analysis on the issue. All keyboards submitted will be replaced with a new unit.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 AM

POST ID # = 911085

Ok, thanks for the advice :)

I will send it back to Amazon where I bought it one week ago and will get a new one to see if problem occurs again.

Old 07-11-2017, 12:58 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 911164

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyko74 View Post
Ok, thanks for the advice :)

I will send it back to Amazon where I bought it one week ago and will get a new one to see if problem occurs again.
Please keep me informed (you can PM me) if it does resolve your issue.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:51 PM

POST ID # = 911348
Pandasy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church002 View Post
^^ I can confirm that my Windows 10 received an update which was applied on the 15th of June 2017.

Now that I reinstalled CUE and tried it with this keyboard, I can confirm so far that the connecting/disconnecting issue with the K55 is no longer occurring for the moment. I have tested it for about 40 mins so far during gameplay and it has not disconnected once with the CUE running.

Also the features of the CUE seem to be working as I have successfully applied dpi and lighting effects to my mouse and lighting effects to my keyboard with the CUE.

I will update this at a later date.

I'd also like to thank Corsair James for the dedication he's shown with this problem. I really do appreciate it. Thank you.
Hello,

I have had the same problem for a few days now. I have tried updating my windows and then reinstalling CUE. This worked for about 5 minutes and then it started to disconnect and reconnect again. Do you have any other ideas?

Old 07-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 911353
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

There could be something else causing the disconnect issues. If you haven't already, I would contact Technical Support through the following link so they can look further into this.

http://support.corsair.com/

Old 07-12-2017, 10:01 PM

POST ID # = 911429
CMTR Reputation: 10
Default K55 disconnecting

I am having the same problem everyone else is having.I have the K55 keyboard and GLAIVE mouse. The keyboard worked fine until I bought the mouse and installed the software. When I installed the CUE software it asked me to update the firmware and now the keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting when I have the led's turned on on the keyboard. The keyboard was also fine until I actually updated the firmware. It does not disconnect when I turn off the LED's. It is also fine if I uninstall the CUE but if I reinstall it the problem happens again. I am running windows 10 home with the latest updates. Please help.

Old 07-16-2017, 06:13 PM

POST ID # = 911958
Spector80 Reputation: 10

I am also having this problem, it seems like a lot of units is effected. Corsaird have manage to reproduce the problem but that was due to a system update in Windows. There is however some that still have tis problem, I supose I will have to return it to the store.

If the light is disabled everything works fine.

Last edited by Spector80; 07-16-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 PM
MJPvt_Grif's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912197
MJPvt_Grif Reputation: 10

I recently ran across this problem as well and found a different solution. I had turned off the lights on the keyboard, and didn't realize the light button was a brightness cycling switch. When I turned the lights back on, my keyboard began randomly disconnecting. I didn't realize it was in low intensity mode, but I did notice that the colors seemed off. So I tried cycling the lights on and off and that's when I saw they were getting brighter. In medum-high-and off modes, there was no disconnect issue, but when the lights were set to low, it disconnected. If you're still having this problem after updating Windows, try changing the brightness of the LEDs. It's the button between "MR" and "Windows Lock".

Last edited by MJPvt_Grif; 07-17-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 912336
WirriumDank Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPvt_Grif View Post
I recently ran across this problem as well and found a different solution. I had turned off the lights on the keyboard, and didn't realize the light button was a brightness cycling switch. When I turned the lights back on, my keyboard began randomly disconnecting. I didn't realize it was in low intensity mode, but I did notice that the colors seemed off. So I tried cycling the lights on and off and that's when I saw they were getting brighter. In medum-high-and off modes, there was no disconnect issue, but when the lights were set to low, it disconnected. If you're still having this problem after updating Windows, try changing the brightness of the LEDs. It's the button between "MR" and "Windows Lock".
I can confirm this as well. Leaving my LED brightness on max stops the constant disconnection, but if I leave it on low or medium brightness, the disconnections start after about 20 seconds or so.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:17 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 912501

We were able to reproduce the issue with the brightness (thanks MJPvt_Grif). We are investigating now to see if its a software or firmware issue so we can release a patch ASAP.

Thanks everyone for helping.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:35 PM

POST ID # = 912810
Sondanal Reputation: 10

Hello all, mind my poor english I'm a lonesome froggy :D
So do I have the same issue like all precedent post it's ONLY with cue active that I got the connecting deconnecting sound and lost of the K55.
As soon as I close CUE no more issue...
Notice that I use the k55 AND the harpoon like the dude in the original post...

Software : win 10 ver 1703 (up to date)
Cue 2.15.83
My hardware is

Asus B150 Pro gaming
Intel core i5 6500
16 Gb ddr4
Radeon R9 270X
All drivers up to date according to drivercloud...

So corsair please fix this ugly issue because it's so frustrating to can't use the macros and fonctions of my brand new k55

Regards

Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 AM

POST ID # = 912871

Sondanal, you need to keep brightness to max as it is reported above.

On my side, I changed keyboard (so kept same settings) and didn't get yet the issue.

Tags
k55 cue dis/connecting