Corsair Community

Corsair K55 Keyboard disconnects and reconnects multiple times when running CUE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I went off yonder for a few months, I'm a little late to the party. However, I am having this same issue (more or less) on my K55 running firmware v30.06. My CUE is up to date, along with Windows and all my other drivers. Unlike most people on this thread, I have a Scimitar Pro mouse. Before I disappeared, my K55 had a different issue (which still isn't fixed, rip) where when I pressed a macro key on my mouse (which are all bound to single keys on the keyboard) then that specific key would repeatedly spam faster than humanly possible. That issue is mostly fixed now, but it crops now and again (though not with keys bound to my mouse). The bigger problem is the random disconnects from my PC. Another problem is that the caps lock and num lock lights don't light up most of the time, so I can never tell if I'm in caps lock or num lock until I go to type. This problem has caused me problems logging into accounts, and even my PC in general.

PC Setup:

OEM Asus microATX board

Intel Core i5-4670k

16GB DDR3 RAM

Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070 8GB

EDIT: I forgot to mention that CUE often says that my keyboard firmware is "incompatible" which makes no sense...

Edited by eastman51
forgot to add important info

Having issues with my K55 since a firmware issue I updated to 30.06 and since then when the PC wakes up cue forgets it has a keyboard and then says the firmware is incompatible with this version of cue, which again is the latest. Seems to be a lot wrong with this keyboard all of a sudden.

Just to let you guys know, I placed a ticket with corsair support (glad to see they merged logins with the forums) explaining the issue and they sent me the previous K55 firmware 10.18, it's too soon to say that the issue is gone but it's been 8 hours without it.

• 2 months later...
hey i also have the exact same thing hjappening to me and im on a dell xps m1530 with the newsest veriosn of windows ten and ive tried a few things and when the utitlty engine is installed it still disconnects constantly which is quite annopying other then the corsair utility engine i am in love with their products any help would be apprectiated i understnasd that it is the holiday merry xmas yall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
The EXACT same thing, to the letter, is happening to me. Please let me know what you find out. I uninstalled CUE altogether, and keyboard working great so it has to be an issue with CUE, i would think.

Just bought the keyboard and mouse yesterday.

Thanks

I just uninstalled CUE myself and had the same exact result immediately! CUE should really do something about this if it is happening to so many customers! ): I really hate having to leave my RGB keyboard at it's original color presets...

• 3 months later...
If its possible, see if you can use the keyboard on a different machine to see if the problem persist over. I've tried to reproduce it here but cannot do so on any of our machines in the lab.

If the keyboard issue does persist, let me know so I can get it back for analysis and Ill exchange it with a new one for you.

I connected the k55 to my friends pc, it showed up in his icue, but everything had a huuuuuge delay ( changing colour settings) and the keyboad also had a delay in typing/ changing the brightness. His ram usage skyrocketed and so did his cpu usage.

I have updated everything on my machine, from corsair link to the drivers to icue but it is not showing up in icue. The keyboad works perfectly for me, but i would like to be able to customize my colour settings and macro keys.