Corsair Community

Corsair K55 Keyboard disconnects and reconnects multiple times when running CUE

I recently ran across this problem as well and found a different solution. I had turned off the lights on the keyboard, and didn't realize the light button was a brightness cycling switch. When I turned the lights back on, my keyboard began randomly disconnecting. I didn't realize it was in low intensity mode, but I did notice that the colors seemed off. So I tried cycling the lights on and off and that's when I saw they were getting brighter. In medum-high-and off modes, there was no disconnect issue, but when the lights were set to low, it disconnected. If you're still having this problem after updating Windows, try changing the brightness of the LEDs. It's the button between "MR" and "Windows Lock".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently ran across this problem as well and found a different solution. I had turned off the lights on the keyboard, and didn't realize the light button was a brightness cycling switch. When I turned the lights back on, my keyboard began randomly disconnecting. I didn't realize it was in low intensity mode, but I did notice that the colors seemed off. So I tried cycling the lights on and off and that's when I saw they were getting brighter. In medum-high-and off modes, there was no disconnect issue, but when the lights were set to low, it disconnected. If you're still having this problem after updating Windows, try changing the brightness of the LEDs. It's the button between "MR" and "Windows Lock".

I can confirm this as well. Leaving my LED brightness on max stops the constant disconnection, but if I leave it on low or medium brightness, the disconnections start after about 20 seconds or so.

Hello all, mind my poor english I'm a lonesome froggy :D

So do I have the same issue like all precedent post it's ONLY with cue active that I got the connecting deconnecting sound and lost of the K55.

As soon as I close CUE no more issue...

Notice that I use the k55 AND the harpoon like the dude in the original post...

Software : win 10 ver 1703 (up to date)

Cue 2.15.83

My hardware is

Asus B150 Pro gaming

Intel core i5 6500

16 Gb ddr4

Radeon R9 270X

All drivers up to date according to drivercloud...

So corsair please fix this ugly issue because it's so frustrating to can't use the macros and fonctions of my brand new k55

Regards

• Corsair Employee

Hi everyone, we may have a fix for this issue. If you would like to try the new FW, please PM me and I'll pass it over. Please note this is beta FW so it's not 100% yet (until we deploy) but if you're willing to try, I'd love to know the results.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Corsair - I am also experiencing the same issue. But I did notice that if I turn the brightness all the way up that it doesn't happen as often. If it is off - low - med it constantly disconnects and reconnects. I am running v.10.18 firmware on keyboard, 2.15.83 on the Cue software and all win 10 updates are installed. I really like the keyboard and constantly game on my PC so I want to get this fix asap so this stops interfering with game play.

• Corsair Employee
Hello Corsair - I am also experiencing the same issue. But I did notice that if I turn the brightness all the way up that it doesn't happen as often. If it is off - low - med it constantly disconnects and reconnects. I am running v.10.18 firmware on keyboard, 2.15.83 on the Cue software and all win 10 updates are installed. I really like the keyboard and constantly game on my PC so I want to get this fix asap so this stops interfering with game play.

We are releasing the FW tomorrow to everyone for a public release and will solve this problem permanently. Sorry for the long delays everyone but we got it up and running properly now.

Bought mine 4 days ago and have same problem as Karlo_Med. When adjusting colors or brightness in software, keyboard get disconnected. Not always right away, but eventually.

But even at full brightness, my keyboard won't always get detected when booting up pc. So I have to unplug -> plug-in to make it work.

If I do a reboot, the keyboard gets detected,

Have all windows updates, drivers up to date and keyboard software : v.10.18 which is latest available.

K95 Platinum affected here.

Constantly looses link to CUE software. I am forced to unplug and plug the device back in.

I am also unable to have Corsair link see my AX1500i.

Any updates on a fix? I'm using the latest firmware on my keyboard and latest CUE version.

• Corsair Employee

FW was finally released and should resolve all the issues. Please update through CUE.

As for lighting link on K55, its not possible sadly because lighting link requires per key lighting, something the K55 doesn't support (3 zone lighting).

FW was finally released and should resolve all the issues. Please update through CUE.

As for lighting link on K55, its not possible sadly because lighting link requires per key lighting, something the K55 doesn't support (3 zone lighting).

Thaks but am I only one here with problem in which it takes about 10 min for CUE to recognize keyboard after turning on pc?

Not seeing any FW or CUE updates here:

IjwLD1T.png

Issue with disconnecting and reconnecting is still occurring on this version.

Funny how I had no issues on my old rig, just finished a windows install on my new PC and now CUE is nothing but problems.

But what about a simple pulse option to Sync better with the M65 RGB PRO and MM800 RGB surely a simple lighting link option with that mode would be possible ?

Archived