Corsair Community

Problems on iCUE with Saving / switching between profiles on Dark Core and Strafe RGB

j_ayf

Hi all,

today I received my Dark Core in the mail and even though I already knew iCUE isn't the most intuitive piece of software ever developed I didn't expect to be this lost.

But from the beginning:

I had iCUE installed already due to my Strafe RGB keyboard, but I never had it running in the background, simply because I think that 300+ MB of RAM usage are a little much for something like this.

This wasn't a problem though because I could easily (once I figured out how) save the lighting profile onto the device.

Foolish was I, did I think it would work the same way on the Dark Core, since the Tech Specs indicated 3 on-board memory profiles.

My problem is I have absolutely no idea how to save any settings to the onboard storage of the mouse. Upon detection iCUE added 3 profiles to the list called "DARK CORE RGB HW 1-3". Obviously I'm under the impression "HW" stands for hardware so I fiddle around a bit with those but nothing is saved to the mouse. Once I exit iCUE the device goes back to rainbow mode and default key mappings. The Strafe has an option to "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device" but this doesn't exist for the mouse, or I wasn't able to find it yet. I even cleared the onboard storage but to no avail.

Now onto my other problem teased in the title: Switching between profiles. I would like my mouse and my keyboard to run different profiles.

The Strafe should stay as is at all times, the Dark Core should be able to change settings between a gaming profile and a "default" profile with different key mappings.

Problem is, I can only seem to change the profile for both simultaneously.

Example: I click on the profile "DARK CORE RGB HW 1" and the keyboard goes black. WHY? Why do I have to add keyboad lighting to a MOUSE profile and can't seem to run them separately?

Well I think that was all. Hopefully someone can help me find my way through this software. It's even more frustrating than trying to install a water loop in a 570X :D

Software/Firmware versions (all up to date)

iCUE: 3.4.95

Strafe: 2.05

Dark Core: 3.08

semi-related PS: why can I only put keyboard makros and no mouse makros on the hardware profiles of the mouse? xD

UPDATE:

I found the "Save profile to device" button when selecting the Hardware profile at the very bottom. I probably didn't think it would be so big, with my previous struggles with this software lol.

My issue with switching profiles still stands though.

The HW1, HW2, etc profiles are a means to saving those settings to the device(s). It is a visual representation for editing, but you don’t run from the Hardware profiles when iCUE/CUE is active. The HW profiles will be your choices when not running the software — after you save them to the device.

If you want to keep the software running, you will need to copy/duplicate the HW profile to a normal profile or simply create other versions to suit your needs. The software profiles will be all devices combined in the same profile. When editing your HW profiles, the other devices go dark to remind you which device you are tinkering with and those settings will only affect that device.

You’re approaching it the wrong way. Out of necessity, the hardware profiles are independent and relate to that device only. For software use, they are all linked for convenience as opposed to needing to change settings for 7 different things.

So if you want 3 software based mouse profiles with the same keyboard settings, create Profile 1, set up your keyboard/mouse lighting, macros, whatever. Then use the copy function in the profile menu to create “copy of profile 1”. Rename it Profile 2. Keyboard settings already done. Change mouse settings. Copy again. Rename Profile 3. Change mouse again. Put these three profiles at the top of your list with the HW profiles underneath. It is a top down hierarchy. Top profile is default. With the software running, it will shift 1-2-3. When not running, each device will change for itself only using the respective change buttons.

Okay, I guess it makes more sense from that standpoint and the profile copying is what I ended up doing.

I just don't understand why I can put keyboard-macros on the mouse's hardware profiles (e.g. ctrl-c) but not a simple double click.

I have come so used to that on my old mouse's sniper button that I don't want to miss it anymore, but here it requires icue to run in the background.

Which is by now at a whopping 638 MB in my RAM usage, even before Firefox with its heaviest process. I hope it caps out at one point.

Yeah, no getting around the sniper button issue on the M65. Cue has to run. However, I thought that key would still work on the Dark Core in hardware mode. It was one of the reasons I originally bought it, although I later returned it for battery life reasons.

I think you can program a double-click, but I don’t have the software in front of me. Someone else may know. Check the key remap section for the mouse.

Yes, the sniper button does work in hardware mode, but mouse actions like double click are a definite no no.

Copying a doubleclick action from the library doesn't work either, spitting out the error below:

vk0UtgH.png

Were you trying to do it as a macro? There is a definite ability to assign a double click to another mouse button (like sniper or DPI up), but I don't have a dark core to see if it will save. This is the Key Remap function, not the Macro panel.

Please can someone teach me how to save the lighting profile to the Dark Core RGB mouse so that when I use it on bluetooth, it saves the damn static color on the wheel only. I hate the full blown rainbow effect and CUE is just no good at being user friendly. I've looked everywhere. Can anyone help?

I tried everything from force install firmware to even clicking the social media buttons and even "liking" them. I know I am wrong, but my final conclusion is that my Dark Core RGB mouse simply does not save anything to the device. There's just no way. I tried a totally different PC with fresh everything; CUE, iCUE, OS. I am about to return this mouse...

I believe the issue is the HW profiles were deleted. Do any of you guys know the reset for the Dark Core?

Power Off

Press and hold Back and Front side buttons

Power On

This will factory reset the mouse with all 3 HW profiles

Archived