Corsair Community

Corsair H80i firmware?

Diyadin

If you have the fan rattle issue, temporarily plug the fans into the motherboard until a new firmware update is released.

Already did, but the fans are very, veeeeeery loud even though i set them in the chassis fan control to the lowest speed.

Talked to a collegue of mine that has the H100i and he says his fans are very quiet.

Some odd stuff going on here.. :)

The 1.0.4 firmware has been officially removed. It would not have been removed if it was okay to use it. If you get a copy, then brick your cooler with it are you expecting Corsair to foot the bill?

No, i just want the product to work as intended, and no. I dont want to brick my cooler.

And no, i dont want other ppl or companies to pay for my equipment.

So, i guess no firmware are OK and we just sit tight until a new one is released.

That was the answer i was looking for.

Thanks!

umm...i got the h80i today and yeah its pretty f**ken loud even at idle. i though switching from my 3570k stock cooler to h80i would be considerably cooler and quieter. to be even more sad the stock cooler at idle produce almost no sound >.< and i happen to have firmware 1.0.4 ****** >.<

under load the loudness is almost the same with stock cooler if not louder and the only good side is that it manage to hold the temp just below 63C at worst compare to 71C with stock cooler once OMG, so apart from the fancy light, bulky size and happen to get the worst firmware upon purchase.

and yeah i get the pitch noise too so like everyone here awaits the new firmware to fix everything i hope it will short my problem too

What causes the noise when the fans are connected to the pump? I received my second one yesterday from the shop i bought it from and with the fans connected directly you can hear the noise but as soon as the fans are disconnected it goes silent.

The supplied fans are terrible!

What causes the noise when the fans are connected to the pump? I received my second one yesterday from the shop i bought it from and with the fans connected directly you can hear the noise but as soon as the fans are disconnected it goes silent.

The supplied fans are terrible!

Hi,

I have heard some rumours about the issue is related to the power supply output when you plug them in to the pump.

In other words, it's very sensetive to how much or little power it gets.

But as I said, only a rumour but could expain that it works flawlessly for some and for others, terrible.

I have heard some rumours about the issue is related to the power supply output when you plug them in to the pump.

In other words, it's very sensetive to how much or little power it gets.

But as I said, only a rumour but could expain that it works flawlessly for some and for others, terrible.

That was the issue with the original H100's. Nothing has been said about the i series.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107252

“Corsair has now tracked down and fixed a rare and hard to reproduce issue on some of our Hydro series coolers, specifically the H60, H80, and H100 when used in combination with certain power supplies in certain circumstances. The failure will present itself as a buzz or hum, similar to a hard drive seek noise, and may disappear and reappear at random times. This issue affects a very small number of units, and typically is more prevalent on power supplies that provide higher than +12.2V on the +12V rail, which explains why some users have experienced multiple units with the same issue – they’re plugging them into the same power supply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Hi, I have also raised an RMA and sent off my details, but heard nothing since - #5607742.

Thanks!

It looks like they asked you to fill out the form on the 13th and you haven't filled it out yet. There's also additional instructions in the ticket.

Ok, I'm a bit confused.

I raised the case a while ago and heard nothing - I had to request my password to see the status.

Then I saw that some info was not filled in, so I filled it in and submitted it.

Then I get another email, this time asking for my address etc. So I filled that in and submjtted.

I tried checking status, but password was showing as incorrect so I reset it again.

Heard nothing since then. Since your post I have logged in to check status of the case and can see that the part number was not selected, so I've just selected it and submitted.

Now when I try and access my case number, it says the case ID or password is incorrect again?!?

Any ideas? I know I have definitely submitted my address before.

Thanks!

Looks like your replacement has been shipped out.

Hi RamGuy!

Could you please check my RMA aswell, casenumber is: 5659383

Do i have to do anthing else or is it ok, the latest mail says that i need to wait for a confirmation but i havent got it yet.

Thanks and appriciate you taking your time checking costumer cases and respond here, great support! :biggrin:

• Corsair Employee

I have sent out a message to customer service to look into your case and make sure to take care of it.

You do not have to do anything at this point, I'd just wait for the tracking info once the replacement is shipped.

Archived