The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 12-23-2018, 10:54 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 986758
Inheritance Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by breez View Post
Please help. I recently forced update my k66 keyboard (CH-9103000-NA). Afterwards, the F1 key and window lock key stop working completely. Do not register when press. Please help!
I dont have a K66 FW file on hand so you will need to ask Corsair Support for hard firmware reset.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 01-28-2019, 03:49 PM

POST ID # = 991679
Riesg Reputation: 10

I owned a K95 Keyboard and got sticky keys, a few were repeating constantly. Corsair swapped it within warranty for a K95 RGB keyboard and guess what.. within half a year sticky keys again.

Only problem is that Corsair did not replaced it again. So I had a brand new incredibly good looking keyboard laying around because the T, Q, O, Y, 6, 3, Backspace and a few more are repeating constantly.
How can it be that my old Logitech (30$) that is 15 years old still has no flaws and this amazing keyboard of 200$ has loads of problems in half a year?

Same thing with my mouse M95, the microswitches are not the quality you should expect from a mouse in that price range, and it wasn't even the left mousebutton but the right one. That made it useless for games.

It should be gaming stuff but believe me it is not.

Please be carefull when buying a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse, Corsair does not like warranty issues.

Last edited by Riesg; 01-28-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:43 PM
magost's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992451
magost Reputation: 10

Hello,

I've been using Corsair RGB Strafe for the past 3-4 years and picked up a Corsair Scimitar 2017. I've since had problems with my custom configuration losing its effect intermittently upon boot. Sometimes it works fine for several days other times I've to reboot a few times to get my config to register.

I've bound the mouses button to browser hotkeys, i.e. swap tab, close tab, back and forward. All these function stop working or do other things like going to desktop, opening task manager. On my keyboard I've rebound the numkey pads to their "normal" counterparts above the letters on the keyboard, this also stops working when I'm having this issue.

I read up on this during 2017 and found a partial resolution (I don't remember what it was) getting into a race condition causing these issues. However I cannot seem to find that post anymore why I'm trying my luck posting here..

Last edited by magost; 02-03-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:47 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 992850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesg View Post
I owned a K95 Keyboard and got sticky keys, a few were repeating constantly. Corsair swapped it within warranty for a K95 RGB keyboard and guess what.. within half a year sticky keys again.

Only problem is that Corsair did not replaced it again. So I had a brand new incredibly good looking keyboard laying around because the T, Q, O, Y, 6, 3, Backspace and a few more are repeating constantly.
How can it be that my old Logitech (30$) that is 15 years old still has no flaws and this amazing keyboard of 200$ has loads of problems in half a year?

Same thing with my mouse M95, the microswitches are not the quality you should expect from a mouse in that price range, and it wasn't even the left mousebutton but the right one. That made it useless for games.

It should be gaming stuff but believe me it is not.

Please be carefull when buying a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse, Corsair does not like warranty issues.
Hey Riesg

Sorry to hear about your issues. If you can provide me with a ticket number I will ask someone to look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magost View Post
Hello,

I've been using Corsair RGB Strafe for the past 3-4 years and picked up a Corsair Scimitar 2017. I've since had problems with my custom configuration losing its effect intermittently upon boot. Sometimes it works fine for several days other times I've to reboot a few times to get my config to register.

I've bound the mouses button to browser hotkeys, i.e. swap tab, close tab, back and forward. All these function stop working or do other things like going to desktop, opening task manager. On my keyboard I've rebound the numkey pads to their "normal" counterparts above the letters on the keyboard, this also stops working when I'm having this issue.

I read up on this during 2017 and found a partial resolution (I don't remember what it was) getting into a race condition causing these issues. However I cannot seem to find that post anymore why I'm trying my luck posting here..
It sounds like the virtual devices used to execute those actions arent being started correctly at times. Im not sure what steps might fix that, have you contacted Corsair Support?

Old 02-08-2019, 05:03 PM

POST ID # = 993223
thekoenman Reputation: 10

Hello,

I have the corsair K70 rapidfire (non rgb) and I've had an accident with a soda can.
The can was placed on a drink coaster and was still closed. Sadly it gently fell on left upper corner of the keyboard, which is quite sharp, and the can got ruptured. The drink inside burst out with some force all over my chair, myself and sadly the left half of my keyboard. The worst hit keys are my '1', '2', 'F1' and surprisingly also my 's' key.
The drink got inside the switches and now they are sticky, need some time to rise and pressing them is also less smooth for some and very rough for my '2' key.

What should I do? I'm thinking about unscrewing the plate with the switches and rinsing the lower half in 70% isopropyl while pressing the affected switches. Are there any better ways to clear the sticky switches individually or should I just go on with my plan?

Thank you in advance,

Thekoenman

Last edited by thekoenman; 02-08-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:25 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 993319

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoenman View Post
Hello,

I have the corsair K70 rapidfire (non rgb) and I've had an accident with a soda can.
The can was placed on a drink coaster and was still closed. Sadly it gently fell on left upper corner of the keyboard, which is quite sharp, and the can got ruptured. The drink inside burst out with some force all over my chair, myself and sadly the left half of my keyboard. The worst hit keys are my '1', '2', 'F1' and surprisingly also my 's' key.
The drink got inside the switches and now they are sticky, need some time to rise and pressing them is also less smooth for some and very rough for my '2' key.

What should I do? I'm thinking about unscrewing the plate with the switches and rinsing the lower half in 70% isopropyl while pressing the affected switches. Are there any better ways to clear the sticky switches individually or should I just go on with my plan?

Thank you in advance,

Thekoenman
At this point that would be your best bet. I would make 2 rinses just to be sure you get all that dried coke.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 AM
CourseAir Fanboy
breNdzz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993642
breNdzz Reputation: 10

Glavie RGB mouse says it has a firmware update available, when I try to update it, it just disappears and says update failed. And the mouse disappears from iCUE. Have to restart iCUE for the mouse to reappear.

Current iCUE: 3.12.118
Current Glaive: v1.04 its trying to update to v3.14, seems like an excessive jump?

Old 02-11-2019, 06:24 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 993752

Quote:
Originally Posted by breNdzz View Post
Glavie RGB mouse says it has a firmware update available, when I try to update it, it just disappears and says update failed. And the mouse disappears from iCUE. Have to restart iCUE for the mouse to reappear.

Current iCUE: 3.12.118
Current Glaive: v1.04 its trying to update to v3.14, seems like an excessive jump?

Hum, that is a big jump. Please PM me your email and I send you a file to manually update it

Old 02-13-2019, 05:16 PM
CourseAir Fanboy
breNdzz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994110
breNdzz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
Hum, that is a big jump. Please PM me your email and I send you a file to manually update it
Thanks mate, I have pmd you my email.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:10 PM
NerevaRising's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994145
NerevaRising Reputation: 10

Quote:
I have the same problem as breNdzz but with a M65 RGB Elite, whenever I try to update with iCUE it just says update failed.

iCue ver: 3.12.118
M65 ver: 3.01 to 3.24

Last edited by NerevaRising; 02-13-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:21 AM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 994175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerevaRising View Post
I have the same problem as breNdzz but with a M65 RGB Elite, whenever I try to update with iCUE it just says update failed.

iCue ver: 3.12.118
M65 ver: 3.01 to 3.24
PM me your email too, Not sure why the updates are failing they should be going through but Ill get you guys the files to manually update it.

Last edited by Inheritance; 02-14-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:30 PM
NerevaRising's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994263
NerevaRising Reputation: 10

Quote:
PM me your email too, Not sure why the updates are failing they should be going through but Ill get you guys the files to manually update it.
Thanks for the help, I've pmd you my mail.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM
ShadowComet's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995351
ShadowComet Reputation: 10

I've been running current keyboard/mouse setup for a few months with no issues. Nothing on my machine has changed other than updating to latest iCUE and firmware. After updating, every time i restart my computer iCUE can not find the keyboard and mouse. I have to run a repair on iCUE for it to work again.

I attempted a full uninstalled/reinstall of iCUE as well as going back to ver 2.24.50, but its having the same issue regardless.

any ideas? Should I try rolling back to old firmware? if so, how do I do that?

iCUE ver 3.12.118
K55 RGB ver 30.06
Harpoon RGB ver 3.08
Windows 7 64-bit

Old 02-27-2019, 08:56 PM
βetα Nayn Cat

POST ID # = 995834

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowComet View Post
I've been running current keyboard/mouse setup for a few months with no issues. Nothing on my machine has changed other than updating to latest iCUE and firmware. After updating, every time i restart my computer iCUE can not find the keyboard and mouse. I have to run a repair on iCUE for it to work again.

I attempted a full uninstalled/reinstall of iCUE as well as going back to ver 2.24.50, but its having the same issue regardless.

any ideas? Should I try rolling back to old firmware? if so, how do I do that?

iCUE ver 3.12.118
K55 RGB ver 30.06
Harpoon RGB ver 3.08
Windows 7 64-bit
Thats odd. Do you know what FW version you were running before the update? Also try the new 3.13 build

Old 03-03-2019, 04:38 PM
dexterrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996256
dexterrr Reputation: 10

Hello,
Having some issues with k70 mk2, the keyboard is froze after a few minutes or hours.
The lightning effects stops and i cant type anything, in cue it shows a red triangle over the keyboard. The only fix is to reconect the device.

Was hopping that the last firmware update resolves this issue but no luck, just noticed that the default profiles are missing.

Anyone had smiliar issues?