Corsair Community

Purchasing a new keyboard + mouse : Urgent

karunkumar

Dear Sir,

I wanted to purchase a Corsair mouse + mechanical keyboard combination. Please could you help me regarding it. My requisites are:-

1) First and foremost, it should be completely dust proof. This is the most important thing. If it is washable, its all the more better.

2) I want to purchase it mainly for a typing purpose. (typing e-mails, letters,etc.)

3) Because of continuous typing, my wrist starts aching so it would be preferable if the keyboard ergonomics are good.

4) Last but not the least, price is also an important factor. I was looking for the cheapest and most affordable alternative (in short, value for money).

1. The K60, K90, M60 and M90 are not dust-proof or washable. You can use compressed air to clean the keyboard when it does get dusty/dirty.

2. Both keyboards use Cherry MX keys, The K90 has laser-etched keys while the K60 doesn't.

3. It would be best if you can find a store that has the K90 on display as different people have different feels with keyboard ergonomics.

4 I would recommend the K90.

Most of the features for the keyboards and mouse are available on their product pages.

BTW - I highly recommend the M60 mouse, even though it isn't dustproof or washable! :D:

Both Corsair's M-Series Vengeance mice and K-Series Vengeance keyboards are partly made of thick aluminum that contributes to a very solid and long-lasting feel.

Even though the keyboards (I have a K60) are not dustproof or washable, they are extremely simple to keep clean because of easily-removable keys and lots of space in-between them. I rarely have to do more than lightly blow on mine to get the dust off, and if that isnt enough, a bit of compressed air takes care of the rest very quickly.

I actually use a Metro Data-Vac hand-held blower instead of cans of compressed air because it is more environmentally correct - it has paid for itself many times over and I no longer have all those empty cans to try to recycle.

• Corsair Employee
BTW - I highly recommend the M60 mouse, even though it isn't dustproof or washable! :D:

Both Corsair's M-Series Vengeance mice and K-Series Vengeance keyboards are partly made of thick aluminum that contributes to a very solid and long-lasting feel.

Even though the keyboards (I have a K60) are not dustproof or washable, they are extremely simple to keep clean because of easily-removable keys and lots of space in-between them. I rarely have to do more than lightly blow on mine to get the dust off, and if that isnt enough, a bit of compressed air takes care of the rest very quickly.

I actually use a Metro Data-Vac hand-held blower instead of cans of compressed air because it is more environmentally correct - it has paid for itself many times over and I no longer have all those empty cans to try to recycle.

I use an air compressor myself. If you dust your computer once a month, it eventually pays itself off compared to the price of those cans (canned air, what a concept)!

A to the MEN on the Metro Data-Vac! :laughing: I just got that last week in time for my PC project updates and dusted out my pc. Lets just say this thing has hurricane force winds and will last LONGER than cans of air. lol

I also purchased the K90 keyboard and M60 mouse. I made sure to research all competitors and read up on reviews along with listening to videos on the different type of keys as it is important to know how your keyboard will sound as to some it may be very annoying. Havn't setup everything yet and have been pc-less for days now :[pouts: other than that I'am able to use this little laptop to type on here.

4 I would recommend the K90.

I would not recommend the K90 or even the K60 for you if you intend to write emails ect. The K90 costs around £100, but maybe you'd class £100 "value for money" even if you're not even going to be using it for half of it's features that makes it so expensive. I'd love myself a K90, but i would never pay that much money on a keyboard.

I'd like to piggy back off of this thread if no one minds.

I am not a "Fanboy" although I have a strong preference for Corsair products. I feel this way for a variety of reasons that I won't bore you with.

I have several PCs with several mostly el-cheapo keyboards and feel that it's time to at least put a decent keyboard on my primary workstation. I'm not a gamer but I like the fact that you can see the letters on the keys (I'm not a touch typist) in the dark. I'd love a wireless (BT, probably) keyboard but it seems like there aren't many of those around.

Like the OP, I mostly use my PC for e-mail, IM's and so on. Could care less about macro and function keys.

Cost is not a huge concern although being extremely reliable is. If I'm going to pay +/- $100 USD for a keyboard, it better still be working after I'm dead and buried. Being resistant to water/dust would be a plus but it's been a very long time since I accidentally spilled coffee in a keyboard.

I've read a lot of reviews about the 2 principle Corsair models but they are mostly written by Gamers. Wondering which would be the best choice for someone like me.

Many thanks in advance. I'd like to buy as soon as Newegg has a sale on the item folks here think would be best for me.

Archived