Samsung 4x4gb ddr3 1600 rammies

iNtel 2600K CPU Sandy Bridge

H100 Cooler with stock fans

6970 AMD Reference video card

Fractual Midi ARC Case

Agility 4 256GBs SSD

3x3tb Seagate Spinny Data Discos

3x27inch Auria 1080p Panels in Extended desktop modes

My expereince with the H100 has been a varied one...

First was with a GA-Z68 UD3-iSSD motherboard iwth built in Intel SLC cache drive and the rest of the stuff listed above, this worked fine, stock out of the box. THen the light went out on the Coursair, but the temps stayed within spec so I ignored it.

I needed to add an access point to the home netowkr on the 3rd floor of the house and I took this oppurtunity to hand me down my hardware and upgrade my primary workstation as well as my Windows Home Server 2011 which resides in the basement. I purchased an Intel 2125 cpu figuring I would save the cost of the upgrade in electricty alone as it was running about 40 dollars a month to run the old server (Quad Core AMD CPU that didn't have all the engergy savings that the new iNtel cpus and motherboards have)

There are now plugins that I can put the entire server into deep sleep mode with my tablet or phone from anywhere along with the ability to shut it off when it's no needed on a schedule thanks to new power mgt addin's... Along with the mobo/cpu upgrade I upgraded the PSU to a ******** Silencer 80+ gold power supply to keep the servers juices flowing...

I got the server up and running thanks to findind the generic drivers with the win 2008 r2 server setup information. Why exactly WIndows Home Server is wider supported I don't know, but that arguement is for another post.

NOW FOR THE COMPLAINT REGARDING MY H100, I installed the new mainboard, the ASUS Z77-V, and when I hooked enverything up the same way as it was with the Gigabyte board, the stock fans into the Pump/Controller and the molex for the unit FAILED, I needed to remove the pins that were no longer making the connection, re-did he tabs on the pins and got them to seat properly and I hooked the sensor pin to the motherboard as I did before and the ASUS mobo BIOS tripping the CPU FAN Error F1 to enter Setup...

The pump was running but the fans were not. Fans need to move air through the radiatior for any real cooling to happens so I plugged the fans into a fan power y adaptor and plugged them into the CPU fan and they ran alright, at 2600 rpm! Far too loud for idle. I swapped the read fan for the CPU fans and went into the FAN AI Tweaker software in the Asus software and have good temps on my system with mild use and the noise is tolerable, but I no longer have the lights on the Coursair unit nor the auto adjusting of the cooling fans. My sysmte is used for moderate gaming (WoW) and a lot of video editing / encoding and I really want it runnning as automatically as can.

I have a Scythe fan controller with temp sensors but I don't know here to attach the temp sensors to get the desired effect of the cooling fans winding up when I'm grinding out videos and turn it back down when it's not getting beat up so severely.

Please, I'm at a loss as to what to do next, do?

DIscuss.

Personally m8, I'd request an RMA for the unit, have it exchanged for a new one!!

The LED's failing would have been enough for an RMA alone.

It may be that a simple firmware reset could resolve your issue, but the trouble is, with the LED's not working, you're not going to be able to carry that out properly either.

It has a 5 year warranty, so even though you've had it for a while, Corsair will exchange it for you :).

Archived