Corsair Community

Fans and RGB lighting

bentnail67

Ok so I have printed out a backets for taking 120 mm Fans and stacking them in a 2 by 2 set up. SO I am going to use them as an area fan around the computer and not for cooling the computer. Next I am going to use the QL series fans. So if I but a set of three QLs they come with a RGB controller for iCUE but what about PVM control? Power wise for this I will power externally for the fans and the controller(s). I know I will have to run the Lighting control back insdie the case so that iCUE can see this or by USB.

So does Corsair sell PWM controller that will allow for 4 fans? I know I could buy another Commander but does Corsair have a part number and price for PWM control? If not Corsair then who?

Any ideas please free to suggest......

So Corsair doesnt sell one that I can use. Just use the RGB controller by Crosair to control the lights on the fans.

I will look into either Purchasing a PVM controller or make my own. I would really prefer a PVM with a digital knob or rheostat for speed control. I have seen a few of the DIY's since I enjoy a challenge. Heck most of my 3000 Square foot Model Railroad has alot of self built circuitry and stuff on it. So doing the PVM control would be fun....

Thank you...

Maybe setting up a fan curve controlled by one of the thermistor inputs..

.. and hook up a potentiometer to said input, say 20kohms

Then you can trick the CoPro with any temperature to vary fan RPM :)

I too am working on a desk fan with my leftover corsair devices, a few HD fans and a copro. Still have to do some dumpster diving to find a pot, and some pin headers. It's pretty fun actually

Maybe setting up a fan curve controlled by one of the thermistor inputs..

.. and hook up a potentiometer to said input, say 20kohms

Then you can trick the CoPro with any temperature to vary fan RPM :)

I too am working on a desk fan with my leftover corsair devices, a few HD fans and a copro. Still have to do some dumpster diving to find a pot, and some pin headers. It's pretty fun actually

You don't have to "trick" the CoPro to do that. That's exactly what it does. If you have a fan curve based on one of the include thermistors, it'll run the curve in hardware - whether iCUE is running or not.

No trickery required.

You don't have to "trick" the CoPro to do that. That's exactly what it does. If you have a fan curve based on one of the include thermistors, it'll run the curve in hardware - whether iCUE is running or not.

No trickery required.

I know. the trick is using a potentiometer instead of a thermistor, to have manual control on a device that doesn't have it when running without icue.

Haven't tested it yet but it's going to be a fun one