Corsair Community

Best AIO for my system

disocpete

i7 6700k socket 1151

Corsair Air 540 case so plenty of room

Commander Pro installed

3 x HD120 fans already in system +1 140mm non rgb fan for exhaust.

Budget £100-£120

I'm looking for suggestions for a corsair aio that will best "fit" my system. in best fit, i mean given what i already have installled, size of case...whats best?

Like the Corsair iCUE H100i PRO XT RGB Liquid CPU Cooler (i like RGB) but wondered what else is out there that might work better/look better/better suit system?

Any of the H115i models (Pro, Platinum, XT) will be a natural fit for the top. In theory you can put a 240 or 360mm on the front behind the HD fans, but you then have to be very careful on GPU length. It's not a super long case, whereas many GPUs are.

The difference between the various 280mm H115i models is mostly down to included extras.

The H115i Pro series has an extra low 1100 rpm 'Quiet' mode the others do not. It's fans are deliberately limited to 1200 rpm to fit that as well (all you need for your CPU wattage). It's LED ring acts as one unit, whereas the other two has individually addressable ring LEDs. It should cost less because it does not come with RGB fans or controllers.

The Platinum has the addressable pump ring plus 2 high speed ML-RGB fans. Pump speeds are in the 2000-3000 rpm range. Fans will hit 2000 rpm. The included premium fans should make this one higher on the price index.

The XT is the Platinum, but painted black on the pump and with normal ML high speed fans. Otherwise identical, but it should come in at a lower price than the Platinum without the fans and lighting controller.

The H115i Platinum has its own lighting controller and will take its two ML-RGB fans. The ML don't really look like the HD series. The other option would be to take either Pro or XT and add your own 2xHD140 to the top and that can go on your existing controller. However, HD fans can be pretty hard to find lately, so make sure you find a source first before going that path.

All three coolers have their own fan controller and you will manage fan speed, pump, and lighting from iCUE. You won't need to plug the fans into the Commander. You can use the Commander's USB passthrough port for the USB 2 cable from the cooler or run it the MB directly.

I'll go for the h115i I think. I don't have multi colour rgb (which might be a waste) and go for solid colours so different fan types/lighting aren't much of an issue.

I can always swap out the HD fans down the line and go all ML to achieve a consistent effect.

Now onto cheapest seller. Amazon is OK. Ideas for sellers welcome

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JWB5BSP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BDG6EbDRAEGAD

The H115i Platinum is fine. The H115i Pro is fine. You have to be really careful with the names, but a "H115i" is not the same as the three coolers described above.

If you want the included RGB fans, the Platinum is the only one with that. Otherwise, you are likely looking to factor in the cost of 2 x HD140 + (Pro or XT cooler). The Pro and XT come with the same ML fans as the Platinum, but they are not RGB and there is no lighting controller on the unit.

All AIO coolers are pre-filled and sealed. It is a "no maintenance" device. It will come with some longer #6-32 machine screws to secure the fans to the radiator or short ones to secure the radiator to the case. TIM is pre-applied. The monkey-wrench is the motherboard bracket. It is a plastic support piece to help distribute weight, but you must be able to reach the back of the CPU socket with one hand and the front of it with the other to fasten it down. The pump head then sits on this and is tightened down with thumbscrews. The back plate is typically the chance for a mistep.

Edited by c-attack