Corsair Community

TX750M noise (audio included)

Solar

Hi everyone,

I'm the owner of a TX750M PSU since March 2020.

My unit seems to have a fan problem I guess, but before requesting an RMA I'd like to ask you about it. Maybe there's something I can do to avoid all that annoying process.

Sometimes, it starts making the following noise:

https://voca.ro/183LS3q7w40E

It can go like that for several minutes. Then it decreases its intensity or even goes quiet. Just to come back later again.

There's no real pattern although I've noticed it tends to do it more frequently at night. Not because everything is quieter (it's always quiet where I am and the noise it makes is quite noticeable), but because room temperature drops and maybe it has something to do with fan going idle or activating... I don't know.

I built my system with silence in mind, so it's a real annoyance having this problem while I work.

Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Oh dear, I can't believe I'm talking with Jon Gerow.

You may laugh but after reading so many of your reviews for years (and watching you on PCWorld or Gamers Nexus more recently), it's really a thing for this Spaniard to have a reply from you sir.

I will open my setup to achieve easier access to the fan and check it. The case weights a ton and, you know, these new cases with the psu at the bottom don't help either...

Thanks for your prompt reply!