Corsair Community

H100i V2 LED

Astraeus

Hi Guys.

I need some help please. I just got a Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard with a 8700k GPU. Connected to it I have my trusty h100i v2.

Since connecting it to he new MB the LED light on the AIO keep fading. Every now and then i dims like 2 levels and its never at full brightness like it used to.

Any ideas what is causing this? Everything else seems to be fine with it.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked to make sure that the fan connection is set to PWM mode OR DC Mode/100%? I'm not sure what the exact terminology is on the Gigabyte boards is but on my Asus, setting it to "Disabled" (disabling fan speed control completely) also accomplishes the same thing.

Use the Link software to change fan speed or toggle the pump between high (Performance) and low (Quiet). If you use the BIOS controls and cut the voltage, the unit may not operate as expected. Incidentally, you can set the pump to Quiet and leave it. For the overwhelming majority of set-ups, it makes little difference.

No, there isn't really a clear guide. There is a sticky at the top of the cooling section, but often the language you need to understand is motherboard specific. It can appear different even though you are doing the same thing. Technically, if the header is set to PWM it should provide 12v at all times. On some boards, it is better to put it into Full Speed/Disabled mode (Asus) because some other board power saving or fan control features will try and change this without you doing it directly. I can't speak to MSI, but I would still move all the dots up to 100% and leave it on PWM as a redundancy.

You should be able to tell if it is getting the proper voltage by the pump speed. In Quiet mode, it should be around 2000 rpm. If you toggle to high, it should be in the 2800-3000 range.

The last part is fairly simple. Don't use your BIOS or MSI Command Center to try and control the pump or radiator fans. The H100i v2 is a separate stand-alone system with it's own fan controller. You can change it through the Link software. If for whatever reason you decide you are not going to use Link, then set the pump to Quiet before uninstalling, then move the radiator fan cables to the motherboard so you can control them via BIOS/Command Center. The pump header would still need to be at 100%.

Archived