Corsair Community

Commander PRO LED's

Pocah

OK, so i received my new Corsair Commander Pro today! Yay! This is mainly to extend the usefulness of LINK but as an added bonus it has LED control. But I noticed that in the manual it talks of plugging in RGB LED strips directly in to the Commander. This seems a little odd, though, because the Commander connections are three pin. Now, even I know that RGB LED strips, including the ones sold by Corsair are four pin. But in the manual it clearly shows plugging three pin strips directly in to the Commander. It states that these are an accessory, but I can't see them for sale anywhere. Not even on the Corsair site. The ones for sale on the site are four pin and would not fit ~ it states they are for the Hub and Mini only, which have four pin sockets, which is why the RGB LED strip accessory only fits the Mini and not the Pro.

So, I have two questions.

1. Where are these mysterious three pin RGB strips?

2. What are the three connections that are provided?

The LED strips that work with the Pro, are not yet available as a separate item, you can only buy them with the new Lighting Node, they are 5V whereas the ones available on Corsair are 12V and are only suitable for the old node or the Commander Mini.

I've just bought a new Node Pro, I'll try to have a look later when I get home from work.

Archived