Corsair Community

What do you do with your G-Keys

TechRockstar

I'm curious about other thing.

As I know, there is no way to assign G-key itself for anything in windows or games, you have to bind some other key, or combination of keys to G-key first.

So... what combinations do you use mostly? Maybe F keys, or some ctrl+key?

while on the desktop, they are firefox,winamp(becuase i use izotope ozone) thunderbird,mailwasher,calculator, 6 keys for different analogue/digital audio settings, tv/pc monitor changing,

While in firefox next/previous/refresh tabs, various macros for different websites

farcry 4 different macros for different syringes and arrows.

- open Shutdown dialog

- open Task Manager

- Copy

- Cut

- Paste

- Open/Close CD-Trays (doesn't work for me because Corsair didn't include this in their software:mad:)

- Timer for Pizza/Tea/etc.

- several macros for several games

Next thing I want to do is to customize the Symbols on the keycaps, the G-Numbers are bad to distinguish if you use all of them. I would like to have an "eject" symbol, something for copy and paste, shutdown, and so on...

I use G keys for games that have multiple bindings, which include sometimes combination of keys. V + 1, V + 2, etc.

IE, when I play planetside 2, I bind a bunch of the quick comms chat like "Thanks", "Need Medic", "Need Ammo", etc. This is quite useful since you need to press two keys to do those.

You can also use them for simple relocating bindings, let's say you rather have a wider stance on your keyboard. You could replace G14,16,17,18 with WASD.

The limit if your imagination! :)

Cheers,

Archived